We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is a nice ocean front place to stay in Koh Samui

Ballina, Australia
Level Contributor
82 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Where is a nice ocean front place to stay in Koh Samui

Group of 7 of us (Family - wanting a nice lush tropical place to stay oceanfront at Koh Samui. Have never been there before - so not sure where most of the restaurants, markets etc are on the island. any ideas?

Perth
Level Contributor
139 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where is a nice ocean front place to stay in Koh Samui

I've never been before either but I am reading the "Top Questions About Koh Samui' in the top right hand corner and it's given me a great overview. I'm also a 'lurker' so I usually read everyone else's posts to get all my info! lol

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,165 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where is a nice ocean front place to stay in Koh Samui

Are you looking for a place that is quiet and out of the way or do you prefer to be closer to lots of restaurants etc? How about budget - that is a big consideration, no point in recommending places if they are outside of what you want to spend.

I would recommend the southern area of Chaweng for a family holiday. Lovely beach and quiet inside the resorts but still close to restaurants and shopping. The busy centre of Chaweng is a 10-15 minute walk or 2 minute taxi ride away.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where is a nice ocean front place to stay in Koh Samui

Check out Samui Honey Cottages -- REquest 'Beachfront'

Ko Mak, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,446 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where is a nice ocean front place to stay in Koh Samui

Hi, in my opinion the best place in Koh Samui is Silver Sand Beach ( Ao Thong Ta Khian ) 5 km north of Lamai ( on the road to Chaweng ).

One of the best bay in Thailand, with a marvelous granite stone... it look same Seichelles. Have a nice Trip!

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where is a nice ocean front place to stay in Koh Samui

Hi, Have a look at the Imperial Hotel, has lots to offer but not farfrom town about 250 Baht eachway. Suggest you look at reviews for this hotel,

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where is a nice ocean front place to stay in Koh Samui

Hi, Have a look at the Imperial Hotel, has lots to offer but not farfrom town about 250 Baht eachway. Suggest you look at reviews for this hotel,

Italy
Level Contributor
39,493 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where is a nice ocean front place to stay in Koh Samui

It depends if you want somewhere more isolated but South chaweng is a good option.

Ballina, Australia
Level Contributor
82 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where is a nice ocean front place to stay in Koh Samui

Thanks joC79 - we found a great deal at "Mai Samui" - so have booked there. Its a new place on the West Coast of Kho Samui - look absolutley Beautiful. The Hotel operates free shuttle busses to Chaweng beach 3 times a day. We securred our rooms at 1/3 their normal rate with heaps of extras included in our package - due to a Promotion they were running here in Australia.

Ballina, Australia
Level Contributor
82 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where is a nice ocean front place to stay in Koh Samui

Thanks Chrella - we found a great deal at "Mai Samui" - so have booked there. Its a new place on the West Coast of Kho Samui - look absolutley Beautiful. The Hotel operates free shuttle busses to Chaweng beach 3 times a day. We securred our rooms at 1/3 their normal rate with heaps of extras included in our package - due to a Promotion they were running here in Australia.

Ballina, Australia
Level Contributor
82 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where is a nice ocean front place to stay in Koh Samui

Thanks DanDon - we found a great deal at "Mai Samui" - so have booked there. Its a new place on the West Coast of Kho Samui - look absolutley Beautiful. The Hotel operates free shuttle busses to Chaweng beach 3 times a day. We securred our rooms at 1/3 their normal rate with heaps of extras included in our package - due to a Promotion they were running here in Australia.