We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Timeshare scams

Port Elizabeth...
Level Contributor
160 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Timeshare scams

Are all of the timeshare scams still "alive and well" in Samui?

New Milton, United...
Level Contributor
4,416 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Timeshare scams

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g293918-d5…

Italy
Level Contributor
39,493 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Timeshare scams

Looks like nothing's changed.

Port Elizabeth...
Level Contributor
160 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Timeshare scams

Yes, it would seem so. Thanks for the replies.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Timeshare scams

I had four hours of my day wasted by those liars. Shame, really, I loved the place otherwise

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
124 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Timeshare scams

As i know there is no longer for Marriott vacation club in Samui.

Edited: 28 September 2011, 10:50
NSW
Level Contributor
406 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Timeshare scams

We arrived today and in one short walk along a stretch of Chaweng 2 different French guys on motorbikes stopped to ask if we spoke French, We gave a quick no and kept walking. Presume this is a twist on the "do you speak English?" timeshare scam.

Bendigo, Australia
Level Contributor
129 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Timeshare scams

I must have been lucky as was there for 5 days earlier this month and wasn't approached once

maesteg
Level Contributor
25 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Timeshare scams

i wite this message to anyone traveling anywhere in thailand i have travelled through many places in thailand and have seen many timeshare scum trying to get you to go to a presention has a person who once fell for their lies this is my true story .on my first visit to pattaya in thailand i was

approched by two thai girls with a form to ask about my holiday when i finished the gave me a scratch card i won a bbq so they said try again then

iwon a free holiday but i would go have to go to a presention to collect i had a free taxi with them witch was miles away where i was met by this english

guy i must say the set up looked very good many people sitting around with

sale men like me so i thought i looked ok then the pitch starterd with me

he starterd out all freindly explaining every thing but i soon got fed up as he was going on and it then clicked to me it was a timeshare scam so i said to

him look i am no going to waste any more of your time i am not interseted

can you get me a taxi to take me back to pattay .then what a change in attitude in him he starterd say about my employe thinkig i am not good enough only to have one holiday a year hid voice grew louder and his face became more aggresive after about 20 minutes he told me when his boss will come over can you tell him i tried my best .so another guy came over started joking and tried to offer me a free holiday for £120 i said how is that free when they could see i was not going to buy into this scam they both left not even getting me a taxi but one came for anothe couple so i got in there with them .so please if anyone reads this review just keep on walking past these timeshare con rip off artists they will wreck you holiday and it wont end there if you buy into one it continues when you get home when it is realy hard to get out of it ..one goog thing while in koh samui last xmas i did stop a english couple from being conned by one of these scum i went behind him and shook my head they walked off he was not happy made my holiday

Basingstoke
Level Contributor
23 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Timeshare scams

there may not be a marriott but the Anantara as it now is, where there at the airport ready to give a us a 'free' taxi ride to what ever destination in return for a 90 minute presentation later in the week!!!

maesteg
Level Contributor
25 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Timeshare scams

like my other message i have just came back from phuket in patong were saw club absolute time share con people doing the same thing as in pattaya please everybody who goes to this wounderful country spread the word to your family or friends going to thailand about this con and how it works