We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended hotels around tourist attractions

Penang, Pulau...
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Recommended hotels around tourist attractions

Have never been koh samui before so I have totally no idea which area would be the best for staying. Would be thankful if all of you can provide some idea on the accomodation^^

which area to stay, or maybe which hotel to be exact?

preferably a 3 star hotel which is clean and near to all the attractions or popular spots around^^

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
3,870 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommended hotels around tourist attractions

Can you give some more details. It is very hard to give recommendations without knowing your budget, time of year travelling (this can make a huge difference re cost) and whether you are happy to be more isolated in a quieter area or want to be close to bars, restaurants, clubs etc. Are you a young person that likes to party or a family etc. Lots more info needed :)

There are a few main areas Bophut, Chaweng (north, south and central areas), Lamai, Choeng Mon etc and they all offer different things that attract travellers to them.

Samui is a very small island so being close to "tourist attractions" isn't an issue. You can hire a car or catch local taxis to pretty much wherever you need to go.

I'm sure if you can provide more information, people will be happy to help.

Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommended hotels around tourist attractions

do you know much about the lipa noi area on koh samui? was planning on staying there at nikki beach resort but am afraid that eateries, the beach and other fun activities won't be so great since it seems most people stay on the east side of the island as opposed to the west, which is quite a bit of a drive from the other side.

this is supposed to be for a honeymoon and though i don't need a 5star resort by any means, i would like to have nice, white sandy beaches with clear water, preferably with the ability to go out snorkeling or diving (are there corals around that area?). also, we definitely need good food options, preferably authentic (and cheap) thai.

thanks so much in advance for all your help!

3. Re: Recommended hotels around tourist attractions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2013, 19:53