We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi to Phuket or Khao l;ak

nelson
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi to Phuket or Khao l;ak

Hi I know I can fly but wanted to know what a taxi price might be and how long would it take. Ta

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi to Phuket or Khao l;ak

Koh Samui is an island so you can't get a taxi to Phuket or Khao Lak! Koh Samui is on the east coast and Phuket the west coast. You will need to fly from Koh Samui to Phuket then taxi up to Khao Lak. Should be around 1200 baht and take just over an hour.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi to Phuket or Khao l;ak

You can get buses to Phuket town from Surat Thani town - first you need a ferry to Don Sak then a bus to Surat Thani. Getting to Phuket or Khao Lak by road is a very long and tiring journey. If you won't fly, I'd suggest organising a private transfer which isn't cheap..

Edited: 20 March 2012, 02:44
nelson
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi to Phuket or Khao l;ak

I realise it's an Island, I was just putting in the main points. Thanks tho for the price from Phuket.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,812 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi to Phuket or Khao l;ak

Hi

it will take around 7 hours, plus the ferry. We have driven from Surat Thani to Khao Lak and then down to Phuket. It was a long journey.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi to Phuket or Khao l;ak

You can get a car+driver for a private transfer on Koh Samui to take you ferry+road through to Phuket or Khao Lak, but it is wise to use a good company to do this.

As a price guide to give you an idea probably B 5 - 6,000, it of course will vary a lot but but that is probably top end of the range

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi to Phuket or Khao l;ak

Sorry NelsonPenny, I wasn't trying to be sarcastic, I wasn't sure if you knew that it was an island, I didn't in the beginning (shhhhh) :)

I misunderstood the question

BTW Khao Lak is really nice! We stayed there for 16 nights in May last year and really found it lovely. It was start of wet season so very quiet but suited us perfectly.

nelson
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi to Phuket or Khao l;ak

Hey thanks for all the feed back. This is a wonderful way to connect with people and places.

8. Re: Taxi to Phuket or Khao l;ak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2013, 09:28