We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

February Honeymoon Koh Samui

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
February Honeymoon Koh Samui

Hello! My fiance and I are looking for a perfect honeymoon location for February 2013. We have a budget of around $7000-$8000 (this has to include airfare from the US, food, and 7-10 nights). Someone had recommended Koh Samui... can we afford? Where would everyone recommend we stay? Are there any all inclusives on the beach? Thanks for any help!!

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,722 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: February Honeymoon Koh Samui

There are very few all inclusives in Thailand because food and drink is plentiful and cheap (apart from wine which is very very expensive due to import tax). I personally would not stay all inclusive in Thailand.

There are some excellent resorts on samui starting with the most expensive which are international budget busting chain hotels. They are the conrad and the banyan Tree. Both brand new and very plush but the Conrad is the most isolated hotel on the island. While they're new, they look it. Concretey and lacking much thai character is how I would describe them but if plush interiors are what you're looking for then these would suit. Then there's the W resort, again relatively new, lacks thai character but would be ideal for someone who likes an urban neon feel to their hotels. Next come two of the slightly older hotels but two of my personal favourites which are Tongsai bay and Six senses. Both in beautiful locations and both with excellent food. Tongsai edges it for me because of its grounds, killer views, its staff and the exceptional levels of service and laid back relaxing atmosphere. Cheaper again is Sala Samui which is on Chong Mon beach which is a lovely beach. Rooms won't be as big as previous hotels but the hotels in a very nice spot. Probably about the same price would be the Anatara Bhoput which is ideally situated in bhoput which has the islands best restaurants on its doostep. Some don't like the beach in Bhoput because of the grainy textured sand. Never bothered me though. Finally there's Napasai, part of the orient express group. Its not got the best beach on the island but then the Conrad has no beach to speak of and the Banyan tree has lots of rocks underwater which can be painful to walk on.

These are probably the best hotels on the island, all completely different. I would check out the trip advisor reviews on them all, look at the guests photos and see which matches your style and then see if any fit your budget.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: February Honeymoon Koh Samui

You are amazing! I cannot thank you enough. Just from the descriptions you have provided, I am going to look into Tongsai bay and Six sense first. I am looking for more of the Thai feel-- I will be in Thailand afterall :) Thanks!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: February Honeymoon Koh Samui

Ditto not going all inclusive!! U would miss out on so much great local food and it would cost u lots more in the long run!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: February Honeymoon Koh Samui

okay- no all inclusive. So how much can I expect to be paying for meals?

5. Re: February Honeymoon Koh Samui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 02:40