We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are 4 nights too long in Koh Samui?

Hoboken, New Jersey
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Are 4 nights too long in Koh Samui?

We are traveling to Koh Samui in July. Are 4 nights too long to visit there. We are spending 2 weeks in Asia, with a combination of sightseeing and relaxation.

I just wasn't sure if 4 nights were too long, especially in case the weather ends up not being good.

Thanks for your help!

Mentioned in this post
Asia
Asia
World
perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are 4 nights too long in Koh Samui?

Hi

In July the weather will be fine if not nearly perfect but you might have some showers or two because koh Samui is tropical island. 4 days will never be enough for us. But if you only have 2 weeks in Asia then 4 days is just about right and not too long plenty of things to do and see or do nothing at all.

Mentioned in this post
Asia
Asia
World
Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,145 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are 4 nights too long in Koh Samui?

Depends, if you like beautiful beaches, relaxing, swimming, eating delicious food, exploring and island hopping then it won't be too long.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
1,726 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are 4 nights too long in Koh Samui?

4 days about right i would say and do not forget its more expensive here to so you will need more cash

Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,861 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are 4 nights too long in Koh Samui?

If by day 3 you are bored (and I don't think you will be), jump on the ferry to nearby Koh Phangan for the day.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,179 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are 4 nights too long in Koh Samui?

There was enough to keep me occupied for a week. You could move on to Koh Phangan as noted above or Koh Tao if you get bored.

Mentioned in this post
Koh Tao
Koh Tao
Surat Thani Province, Thailand
Italy
Level Contributor
39,682 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Are 4 nights too long in Koh Samui?

It depends where else you are visiting and if you enjoy beach locations but 4 days would be the least amount of time i would spend there.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,421 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Are 4 nights too long in Koh Samui?

Hi

Agree plenty to do for 4 days, even 8, but it really depends on what you like and dislike and what the purpose of the 4 days is.

The sun will be shining it will be hot, who cares, you're in Samui!

Tel
Great Yarmouth U.K
Level Contributor
675 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Are 4 nights too long in Koh Samui?

If you like relaxing and chilling out , being amongst some of the most lovely Thai people and being looked after then I would try a month.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,151 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Are 4 nights too long in Koh Samui?

I am staying for 12 nights (6 and 6 in different places) and I am worried it won't be enough! We spend 14 nights in Khao Lak last year and it was perfect for plenty of r and r. We want to sit on a beach for days and sip cocktails :)

Then we are off to Bangkok for 3 nights, 4 days for some sightseeing and plenty of shopping!

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
1,726 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Are 4 nights too long in Koh Samui?

koh samui is the place for nice beaches and chaweng is the place for you beach and cocktail to,try and pick a nice clear nigh and go west and see the great sunset it is brill.