We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best beach in Samui June

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Best beach in Samui June

Hi what is the best beach to stay at in June with a 2 year old?

Nothing too crowded. Nice water for swimming.

And places to stay? Middle of the range?

Thanks,

Alex

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best beach in Samui June

Hi

I think South Chweng beach is the best as you can get of both world. The beach are beautiful with soft sand water is clear good for swimming. Have a look at these resorts some of them might suite your budget.

Bans fan sea resort ( the area around swimming pool a bit small and no grass area for a little to run around)

Chawweng cove resotel ( more of budget but have a very good review)

Samui paradise beach resort ( beautiful bungalow type)

First bungalow ( the end of south chawebn beach the beach quieter family owned )

Centara grand beach resort is not cheap but if your budget permit i am highly recommended. The resort has the big beautiful grounds ( for your child to run around in the resort compound after tired from swims in the ocean or pool whislt you can sit back and relax) big swimming pool with kiddie pool. They have kids facility offers but not sure about age limit.

From these resort above all of them away from craziness but easy walk to shops restaurants both on along the beach and on the main chaweng beach road.

Hope this help

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,533 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best beach in Samui June

Agree that South Chaweng is a good place, otherwise Choeng Mon in the north is a bit quieter and has a stunning, child friendly beach. Samui Honey Cottages have good family rooms or Kirati is very family friendly.

Edited: 18 April 2012, 03:19
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best beach in Samui June

Thank you what is the beach like in Sth Chawang?

Can you swim there and sand?

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
25,533 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best beach in Samui June

South Chaweng is a lovely beach, white sand and shallow to start with and then swimmable.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best beach in Samui June

South Chaweng beach are beautiful soft white sand and clear water good for swimming. And forgot to mentions most resort will provide you with some sorts of toys to play with on the beach e.g spade buckets.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best beach in Samui June

Thank you so much!

Cuneo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao, Bangkok, Ko Samui, Terengganu
Level Contributor
11,542 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best beach in Samui June

I like also thongtakian bay between Chaweng and Lamai, white sandy beach, quiet and relaxing.

Bye!

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,702 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best beach in Samui June

Another vote for Choeng Mon. Lovely white sand, very clean water and its very safe for swimming and as it starts off very shallow, much safer than Chaweng for young toddlers. The beach and surrouding area will also be much less built up and therefore quieter and less crowded than South Chaweng. Mid range places in that area are the White House and Samui Honey cottages and slightly more expensive, the Imperial boathouse.

England
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best beach in Samui June

Have to agree South Cheweng, good time too, I was there in June last year and the weather was great, not too hot and nice and sunny.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
25,533 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best beach in Samui June

I love Thongtakien (Silver) Beach too, but I often don't recommend it as there's really nothing nearby and you have to get on a local bus to get to either Lamai or Chaweng for a good choice of restaurants etc, we hired a car when we were there which was perfect and as Matti80 says it is very quiet with no beach sellers and stunning, clear water.