We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just a thought.

Bournemouth
Level Contributor
47 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Just a thought.

Hello. Ariving in Koh Samui on 4th June, for the first time in Thailand, and just thought of a question nobody seems to ask.What is the average price of beers and other drinks around the Chaweng area and what are the best places to go.? Any replies would make an old man very happy. Thanks.

London
Level Contributor
194 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just a thought.

HI There,

I've not been to Koh Samui before (leaving on Friday!), but a similar question was posed in the last few days and here is the thread with responses:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293918-i7560-k5…

Divemad

Burton upon Trent...
Level Contributor
48 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just a thought.

Hi,

Depending where you drink you will pay from aprox 70 baht up to 110 for a singha/chang.Themed bars like the aussie bar/bondi bar in chaweng charge more than the normal locals.If your into sport try the islander in chaweng plenty of TVs, beer is reasoably priced and there is normally is normally a good mixture of ages.Food not bad too.Going back in September cant wait.Where u stopping?

Bournemouth
Level Contributor
47 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just a thought.

Thanks Divemad, Must have missed that thread you put me onto, thanks. Have a good time.

Bournemouth
Level Contributor
47 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just a thought.

Thanks Samtay. Look forward to exploring. Dont mind what I pay, just do not like being tucked up, to old. Have got 2 nights in Bangok and then 10 nights at the Chaba Cabana in North Chaweng. Thanks for your help.

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just a thought.

Don't forget cocktails :)

During happy hours they are often 2 for 1 or cheaper price. Hotel prices are often very high (200-250+) so the happy hours just brings them back to a reasonable price. In some places the normal price is around 120Bt depending on where you go. Probably average for a simple cocktail would be 150?.

There is a very cool hot pink "combi van" cocktail bar that sets up on the Chaweng Road (further south) that has them for 99B. Not the best cocktails I've had but definitely something to experience.

Also the walking streets have very cheap cocktails (around 60Bt) and they are very good :)

6. Re: Just a thought.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 01:16