We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Six Senses Samui or Tongsai Bay

Dublin, Ireland
1 post
Save Topic
Help! Six Senses Samui or Tongsai Bay

Hi

We are trying to decided which hotel for our honeymoon in June! It is the last part of our trip and we are hoping to spend 7 nights in one of the hotels. Unfortunately, since it is the end of the trip, our budget is limited and our options are a hideaway villa in 6s (no pool) or a beach front or cottage suite in the Tongsai.

I feel I am leaving towards the 6s but am worried that the non pool villa will not have the beautiful view that I have seen other people rave about. We really want a top serivce, romantic getaway

Can some let me know if they have stayed in either (or even better both) and let me know what they think!

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,702 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! Six Senses Samui or Tongsai Bay

What a difficult choice. Both are lovely hotels in very pretty and romantic spots in neighbouring bays and both would be ideal for a honeymoon. Both are very tranquil and both have excellent restaurants. The food at six senses however is more expensive than Tongsai, so if its the end of the holiday and you're on a budget that might be worth bearing in mind. Also, of the two six senses is the more isolated with nothing within walking distance., whereas Tongsai is about 10-15 walk to Choeng Mon which has a small but good selection of local restaurants and bars and of course the food and drink there would be cheaper than either of the resorts. Both are about 10 minutes by cab to the main resorts of Chaweng and Bhoput.

I prefer the grounds at tongsai because they're so spacious (80 villas and cottages in 25 acres of gardens). When you're sitting on your balcony you really do feel like you've got the grounds all to yourself. While the villas at six senses are lovely, some of them are quite close together and they're not as private as you might think. However, with a name such as hideaway villa you would think it would be tucked away off the main paths (not all of them are) and offer some degree of privacy. Why don't you ask the resort to e-mail you a picture of that particular villa and its views. That way you'll get a better feel of what it looks like. Also, the hotel should be able to provide a site map (Tongsai does) and you'll be able to pinpoint where in the resort it is.

I can tell you that the cottage suites at Tongsai would offer total privacy. The'yre all angled away from each other and screened so you can't see into each other's cottages. The views from the cottages are amazing as some are set on the hillside so you have sweeping vista's over the bay and grounds and some are set right on seafront edge and your balcony drops off into the sea. I love the bath on the balcony at Tongsai and there's nothing nicer than sipping a glass of something sparkling in that bath while watching the sun go down over the bay. Perosnally I wouldn't opt for the beachfront suites as the cottages are bigger.

In terms of service both are excellent but for me Tongsai edges it because its sooo laid back and friendly and the management and managing director on on site every day wandering around talking to guests to make sure everythings spot on.

Good luck with your choice. You'll enjoy your honeymoon whichever one you choose..

2. Re: Help! Six Senses Samui or Tongsai Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 01:42