We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for the hotel

London, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for the hotel

Hi,

im arriving to Koh samui on the 08.09.12 im looking for a good price and comfortable hotel.

Can anyone advice something ???

thank you

Anna

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,763 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for the hotel

Hi

What do you consider as a good price?

What would tick the comfortable hotel boxes, and what sort of area?

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
3,583 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for the hotel

As the above poster said, more info is needed.

Things that are helpful when asking for suggestions:

What is your price range per night (what is cheap to some is pricy to others)

Do you like quieter areas or want to be in amongst the action (or somewhere in the middle).

Is the beach quality very important or are you happy with an OK beach but great pool. This works in reverse too.

Large hotel style resort or smaller boutique style etc.

Once you give more information, I'm sure that you will get some good suggestions :)

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for the hotel

Hi

what's sort of your budget, like, dislike? Koh Samui has many beaches some very quiet, some mix of everything and some very busy with everything in your steps. If you tell us a bit more then we more than happy to point out the right directions for you.

Cheers,

Edited: 18 May 2012, 00:22
London, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for the hotel

Dear all

Thank you for all your answers.

To be honest we would like to find a nice 3* hotel.

We don't mind to walk to the beach (as long as is not 5km).

We are looking for self- catering or something with breakfast only.

Is difficult to say what is my price range as I never been in Thailand.

Cheap and good is the best option I would say.

We are 2 sisters looking for a rest. I will be doing water sports she will be spending most of the time on the beach and pool.

Thank you fr all your help

Anna

London, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for the hotel

Forgot to add that we are not party animals type of people so would be nice to stay somewhere quiet ( but not dead) as we also want to go and have fun sometimes :)

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,763 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for the hotel

Don't know where else you have travelled but 3* are pretty low key and small, and you know how much more you can afford. £20 a night, £50 a night, £100 a night? Whilst you might plan for a << cheap and good is the best option >> but good and cheap are not always the same thing and it is hard to suggest when what might be cheap to me might be your idea of hell.

Most hotels in Thailand are Room only or with Breakfast. You don't find too many self- catering or All inclusive.

You may find that you can afford something more than you expected.

Have a look at sawdee.com, http://samui.sawadee.com/, look for hotels in the southern end of Chaweng, Chaweng Noi, Bophut and Choeng Mon.

Somui
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for the hotel

Hope you would have find one by now. But do check out Imperial boat. wonderful rooms and comfortable place

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for the hotel

South Chaweng might suit you as its about 20 minutes walk (but along a very noisy and busy ringroad) into Central Chaweng with its multitude of bars and restaurants. Bhoput is also very nice. Much more upmarket and quieter than Chaweng but the sand is grittier in texture then Chaweng. However, its where most of the island's best restaurants are and its only 10 -15 minutes by cab to Chaweng if you want to hit the nightclubs and bars.

Choeng Mon is also very nice. Fantastic beach, a small but good selection of restaurants and nice and quiet at night. Again, 10 minutes by cab to central Chaweng.

In Choeng Mon the Imperial Boathouse, the White House and Samui Honey cottages are good 2-4 star accomodation

Edited: 19 May 2012, 20:48
perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for the hotel

Hi

I think south Chaweng will suite your needs away from from hustle and bustle but close enough to walk to shops bars restaurants. And only 20 mins walk to Chaweng central for night life and party ( beach party at Ark bar resort). Actully if you don't mind busyness and everything in your door steps around Chaweng central have plenty of budget types of accoms.

Arks bar resort

Montien house

Ever green

Baan chawrng resort

Baan Samui resort

In south chaweng beach have a look at

First bungalo

Chaweng cove resotel

Baan talay

San scusi

Sun scape

All accommodations above are beach front and budget.

Hope this help.

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
3,583 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for the hotel

Peas has given you a great list and I think all the ones in the southern end would be suitable depending on your budget.

Just to clarify, the last two are San Souci and Seascape :)