We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to stay New Year Koh Samui - where for New Years Eve

Liverpool
Level Contributor
194 posts
142 reviews
Save Topic
Place to stay New Year Koh Samui - where for New Years Eve

We have been to Koh Samui a good few years ago and are heading back with our daughter and her boyfriend for New Year this year. Flights are booked.

We really would like to show them about and as they are young would like a bit of nightlife and fun and we would like to have a bit of their culture and peace and quiet too.

We would like a really nice place to stay preferably on the beach with a bit of luxury. We know it will be peak prices but up to now have no idea of cost. Can anyone recommend a nice place?

Also things to do?

Any help would be much appreciated.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Place to stay New Year Koh Samui - where for New Years Eve

Hi

I like to think south Chaweng beach would suite you. Yes you're right that time is peak seson most hotel/resort would go up as much as double. South Chaweng beach you get the best of both world nice and quite but easy access to bars restaurants. Also will be good for your daughter and her boyfriend to just walk to night life( central chaweng) 20 mins or simply use songtheaw/taxi 5-10 mins.

For new year just get yourselves to one of many bars or restaurants on the beach. The fire works would just go off until morning hours.

Place to stay. How much your budget?

Have a look at these places anyway.

Buri rasa

Banana fan sea resort

Centara grand Beach resort

Poppies

Samui resotel

Samui paradise beach resort

Check them out some of them might suite your budget.

Happy researching.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,661 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Place to stay New Year Koh Samui - where for New Years Eve

Hi

LOL, bet things will have changed!

Have a look at Centara Grand - on the beach, bit of luxury, and on the southern end of Chaweng beach, so a 20mins walk to the centre, or a short songthew ride. Central Chaweng is where it will be happening!

As for things to do, well we normally hire a car and see where we end up. But in the FAQs ---> there is FAQ Favorite things to do which is a good read, whilst in the left hand panel of this page has Things to Do <--- which is also worth looking at.

Have fun and travel safe!

I always gleen a lot of information from JBR / just back or trip reports.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,661 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Place to stay New Year Koh Samui - where for New Years Eve

LOL, Pea!

PS I meant to say, there is a great bar opposite the Centara Grand where they can chat and shoot pool, lovely place. I often leave Mr Mitch there when I go and do girly stuff!!

Italy
Level Contributor
39,487 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Place to stay New Year Koh Samui - where for New Years Eve

Mrs mitch is right, the bar across from the Centara is a good place to have a drink, it was charging 69 baht for cocktails and only 100 baht for a glass of wine last week.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
194 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Place to stay New Year Koh Samui - where for New Years Eve

Thanks for the info

Will get checking the hotels you have suggested

I am hoping it hasn't changed drastically.

6. Re: Place to stay New Year Koh Samui - where for New Years Eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 11:42