We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to eat Chaweng Beach

Leeds
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to eat Chaweng Beach

As previoulsy posted, we are going to Koh Samui staying at the Amari Palm Reef in May. We would appreciate some tips on where to eat which is good value for money. We have read about beach restaurants and also the ones in town so some names, prices and what to expect would be great as this is our first trip to Thailand.

Newcastle N S W
Level Contributor
920 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to eat Chaweng Beach

Hello

Copy & paste this link from my web page

members.virtualtourist.com/m/58fa6/16186f/2/

It`s a brief rundown of some of the different restaurants I have eaten at on Samui.

Jamie

Shrewsbury
Level Contributor
146 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to eat Chaweng Beach

Hi, Samui (Chaweng) is fantastic for places to eat. If you walk along the northern part of the beach at night (just walk down the beach from the Amari) you will be spoilt for choice for places to eat. The seafood is amazing, the prawns and lobster are very cheap, I had lobster and it was just under £10, 4 large prawns £5. If you choose to eat Thai food, a starter and main course with a beer and cocktail for example will be about £15-£20 for the two of you, perhaps cheaper. A singha beer costs about £1. You can eat very well for £10 a head. Prego, an italian restaurant which is part of the Amari Palm Reef is fantastic, slightly more expensive than other restaurants (for 2 starters, 2 mains, a wine and a beer it was £28)but defiantely worth it. There are so many nice places to go to, choose a different place each night. Also, if you fly out from Bangkok, at the airport you will get a booklet called Samui Dining with all the best restaurants in and what to expect which is really helpful. Have fun.

Broadbeach...
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to eat Chaweng Beach

Samui Seafood

3 Monkeys

Prego

Shooters

Big Johns

Billabong (Bophut)

Poppies

Chiang Mai Thai

Zulus

Beachfront Seafood

U.K.-Yorkshire
Level Contributor
86 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to eat Chaweng Beach

I will echo what Manwell says. Picked up our free copy of Samui Dining at the Amari Palm Reef reception, it has most of the best places listed.

Leeds
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to eat Chaweng Beach

thank you all so much