We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chaba Cabana Alternative

Melbourne
Level Contributor
63 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Chaba Cabana Alternative

Hi,

I have booked an 8 night stay at Chaba Cabana for August and given all the recent negative feedback am considering an alternative. I have booked the deluxe villa at AU$73 per night.

Can anyone recommend a similar property in a similar location, perhaps slightly closer to Chaweng central, for a similar price? I would also consider same in south Chaweng. Any help greatly appreciated.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
558 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chaba Cabana Alternative

We shifted from Chaba Cabana to Banana Fan and the difference was unbelievably. Check out there reviews.

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
3,880 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chaba Cabana Alternative

A few others - Samui Paradise, Banana Fan Sea, Chaweng Cove Resotel (Garden Villa in south Chaweng. Baan Samui is more central but is in a similar budget and I think much nicer than Chaba.

Also search by price in booking sites like Agoda & Sawasdee then check the reviews on TA to narrow it down. I think even if you pay a little more than you had originally planned you will be getting something much better and will be happier.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
243 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chaba Cabana Alternative

There are lots of awesome bungalows in central Chaweng, an I really mean central of everything.

Montien House

Al's hut

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chaba Cabana Alternative

Hi

Similar rates to Chaba cabana and close to central Baan Samui, Baan chaweng beach resort, Malibu beach resort.

I'm with Allie go for south chaweng beach. The beach are beautiful and quiet bur easy reach for restaurants and bars 10 mins taxi to central for actions.

Banana fan sea might be a bit more than your budget

I think Samui paradise beach resort, chaweng cove resotel, will suite your budget.

Good luck

Melbourne
Level Contributor
63 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chaba Cabana Alternative

Thanks all so much for your suggestions. This gives me quite a bit to look at and consider.

6. Re: Chaba Cabana Alternative

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 21:16