We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Acrilyic Nails

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Acrilyic Nails

I will be needing refills for my nails when we are at Thai House resort in Lamai. I am sure I have read of some places in Chaweng and yet, when doing a search, I had no success.

Will be DESPERATE so any addresses will be greatly appreciated.

I understand that I will probably have to take a taxi but would appreciate detailed directions if you folks know of some places. Thanks.

Wiltshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Acrilyic Nails

Sorry - can't help with a place to get your nails done, we are visiting Koh Samui for the first time next April. However, I don't know if you already know this, but deet melts acrilyic nails. I've got round this on previous trips by having gels over the acrilyics and they have lasted for a good 4 weeks.

Mags

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Acrilyic Nails

No Mags M, I didn't know about deet.

Thanks for the advice about the gels.

I know I have read about acrylic nail salons somewhere on tripadvisor so will extend my search to specific areas of Koh Samui.

Cheers and thanks again for your reply.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Acrilyic Nails

Hi piri

To search type in search box next to koh Samui forum box " acrylic nails " tje info you want would come up particular one in Lamai which is close to Thai house.

Good luck

UK
Level Contributor
137 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Acrilyic Nails

sorry to jump onto this but I also did not know about deet and the effect on acrylics - I've booked to have shellac done on my nails before my hols does anyone know if this is ok with deet?

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Acrilyic Nails

Hi

Yes indeed deet will melt away all your nail vanish, gel, acrylic, and shellac or any gel vanish.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Acrilyic Nails

Hi Sweetpea,

What am I doing wrong?

Have typed in "acrilyic nails" in the box next to Search in KS forums and got back a no results reply.

Tried many times.

I can't understand how you get results.

Would you be a dear and post the name of the salon near Thai House.

Thanks so much for your help.

Would also like to know why I can't get this info myself. Cheers.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Acrilyic Nails

Hi piri

I'm not sure why I got the result. Any way if you're willing to travel to chaweng there's beauty salon on chaweng beach road. Ask the taxi drop you off at the front of chaweng Villas or chaweng regent beach resort keep walking ( toward the south) approximately 500m you will see the place I think they are open from 0900- 2000hrs I'm sorry I can't remember the name and exactly street address but only remember their location.

Try in these hope is works I don't know much about computer. I'm a beauty therapist lol

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1188000-i13234-k4… nails

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Acrilyic Nails

Thanks Sweetpea. Have made a note of the Lamai info given in the link you posted. It will be great if I can find the place mentioned as they sound good.

I do appreciate your help. Cheers.

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
3,938 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Acrilyic Nails

Hi Piri, I think why you aren't getting results is because you are misspelling acrylic. I thought it might have been a typo in your first post but you have spelled it the same way in later posts. Not being awful telling you this, just letting you know :)

PS: I have seen the place that Sweetpea is talking about and it looks pretty good so hopefully they will be able to help you.

10. Re: Acrilyic Nails

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2013, 05:16