We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Big Johns

Britain
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Big Johns

Hi

I have notced 'Big John's ' mentioned a couple of times. Can someone explaing to me nore about the place. Is it a restatruant or htoel and restaurant? We will be staying at the Imperial Samui in June

Thanks

Rosie Barnes

germany
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Big Johns

it's both, faboulous restaurant and nice hotel for familys and those who are looking for total relaxation on a quiet beach...expect a very friendly staff, but no luxury like in the imperial samui.

they pick you up for free and having a dinner while watching the sunset is pretty cool...we loved it.

check out there homepage: samuiwestcoast.de/big_john/big_john_koh_samu…

or www.samuiwestcoast.de

Surrey UK.
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Big Johns

Samuiwestcoast is not their home page. It's an agent trying to steal their business.

www.bigjohnsamui.com is their web site.

Britain
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Big Johns

Thank you for all comments on Big JOhn's

Rosie

germany
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Big Johns

you are wrong, big johns manager is german, the page belongs to him. how should an agency steal theire business while selling rooms and advertising marriages and weddings at big johns. very curios.

U.K.
Level Contributor
64 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Big Johns

Guenther Bartel is NOT the manager of Big Johns. It is Thai owned and run. He runs his web site as if he owns the place HE DOES NOT and the owners are in a big dispute with him.

www.bigjohnsamui.com is the ONLY direct web site.

6. Re: Big Johns

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2006, 13:39
Carnamah, Western...
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Big Johns

Can someone please tell me how far Big Johns is by car from Cahweng Beach?

Thanks

Mel

Newcastle N S W
Level Contributor
920 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Big Johns

Off the top of my head 20 mins

England
Level Contributor
37 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Big Johns

Whoever you are Moto and Florence, it's nice that you are saying good things about Big John's. But it is a bit of an exaggeration saying that Maew and Guenther are arguing .

If they were having such a big dispute, Maew wouldn't let him be her agent.

I visit Samui a lot and know them both. Now Guenther is asking who is writing about him here and thinks it might be me. Show us who you are and be a bit more careful in future..

U.K.
Level Contributor
64 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Big Johns

I stand by every word.

Picture duly entered for the record.