We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chaweng Cove Resotel???

MELBOURNE, Australia
Level Contributor
86 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Chaweng Cove Resotel???

Hello.Just wondering if anyone has stayed at Chaweng Cove Resotel.The pictures on website look quite average e.g pool and restaurant but they sem to have good family rooms.Also have read that beds are rock hard????

any thoughts would be appreciated.

CM

New Zealand
Level Contributor
979 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chaweng Cove Resotel???

My husband and I have stayed here. We dont stay at overly pricey places these days so I wasnt concerned with the place not being good enough.

We had a pool room which was nice but the one right near the kitchen and about 5am each morning were woken up with a noisy kitchen. The room itself was perfectly good for us. Cannot remember the beds but I am used to hard beds in Thailand. I do remember I found the pillow too high and could not get any help from the staff for another one.

We only ate breakfast there and there is no need to have to dine other times

as there are plently of other places to go. Breakfast was ok but a bit more of queue than other places we have stayed at. Great location and good room choices there. I thought the pool was perfectly adequate. The only reason we dont go back is that alot of families with children were staying there and we are a couple without children and prefered a place a bit quieter. I guess it depends on just what you need from a hotel as we dont really need for too much as just being on holiday in samui is good enough for us to be happy. If you want a better looking hotel you will pay more as it's all relevant. The beach is a great location at Chaweng Cove and they seem to get good reviews. I dont read too much into reviews as where we stay now the hotel has some bad review but alot of repeat business. I would say a good all round hotel for the average travellers.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chaweng Cove Resotel???

Never stayed there but stayed next door in Poppies and the beach is the best there is in Samui.

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
3,659 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chaweng Cove Resotel???

We stayed for 11 nights in September 2010 and thought the beds were amazing! Just shows how subjective the topic can be LOL. They were proper mattresses and the most comfortable beds I have had in many trips to Thailand (including staying at 5 star places). We stayed at the Novatel on Collins before we flew to Bangkok and the beds were very similar.

The restaurant was being renovated while we were there so I can't comment on that and there was only 1 other family with children while we stayed and that was during Aussie school holidays. I guess it depends on the time of year that you travel?

I am a very fussy person when it comes to hotels etc and was thrilled with what we got for our money there. There are lots of places where you will get a better pool or more luxury etc however you pay a lot more too.

If you would like some photos of rooms/pool/beach etc, I am happy to email you some if you PM me your email address.

Ohope, New Zealand
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Chaweng Cove Resotel???

Hi, we stayed at ccr for 7 days in June 2012. The family room was great. But.... I would not recommend this hotel. The pool was dirty, no shade. The hotel was o.k but no Thai atmosphere, which I like, but maybe not important to others. I would not recommend this hotel for many reasons. I have been to Thailand 5 times over the past 12 ,years,(as singles & as a family with children) there are better places to stay. Try smile house in boput, we love it. Happy holidays

Karratha, Australia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Chaweng Cove Resotel???

Hi, we just returned from Chaweng Cove Resotel in late July and had the family pool room villa (consisting of one villa with two areas divided by large sliding door, 2 bathrooms, microwave, two fridges, two flat screen tvs, complimentary water, 2 massive king size beds and one single rollaway). The room was excellent - great size, clean, modern, well serviced and you could see the beach from our verandah. Comfortably slept 5.

Positives of resort: we thought it was a great breakfast (we ate prior to 9am as then it got quite busy) - big choice, fresh, stocked and set us up for the day; fantastic beach; money changer and 7/11 just metres from front reception; nice staff

Negatives/Considerations: if you like an early night, the live entertainment three times a week is loud down near the pool villas; not right in the heart of the shopping (but we preferred the 10 minute walk); beds are firm/pillows great (still good nights sleep); lots of families so probably not for singles or couples who want to party or quiet company; the pool was closed for two days as the filter broke down and it went green - not a negative for us because the beach was beautiful and 10 seconds from our room. Seemed that most people ate elsewhere for dinner in particular as restaurant and bar were very sparse every night

Hope this helps - we would consider staying there again but also would look at Amari as well.

MELBOURNE, Australia
Level Contributor
86 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chaweng Cove Resotel???

Thanks everyone for your input.I think I am more inclined to go with Banana Fan Sea now.As we are travelling with other couples without kids Chaweng Cove may not be ideal.

Thanks again.

7. Re: Chaweng Cove Resotel???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 04:16