We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Big family accommodation

London
Level Contributor
65 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
Big family accommodation

Hi all, I’m in the middle of trying to put together a trip to Koh Samui, in my last post, you guys helped out massively with some great recommendations on how to get there. I’m now looking at where to stay for the 10 days we are on the island!

When I say Big family, it’s actually 2 normal families, mine(2 adults, 3 kids) + my sister-in-laws (2 adults, 2 kids), ideally we’re looking at 4 rooms.

Our perfect place would have access to a private pool and be near the beach (an easy enough walk with young kids). The all-important budget is around £200 (10,000 THB) a night for the entire place.

I’m thinking more of a villa or apartment as I think it will be nicer for the families and give us more flexibility, but would be happy to hear any other thoughts.

In my searching so far I’ve found a couple of places on some of the international private rental websites, and one in particular caught my eye on Bang Po beach. How remote is this beach? Pleasantly quiet and away from the hurly burly, or the middle of bloomin’ nowhere?

In my previous post South Chaweng beach and Choeng mon beaches where mentioned, but I can’t track down anything in my price range for these 2 locations. I’ve not found a good site with a thorough selection of Koh Samui rentals, so if there is a good website out there (or even specific places to look up) I’d be grateful for the heads up.

Thanks in advance for all the advice (and thanks again to the advice from the last post!)

Luke

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Big family accommodation

Hi there again

Did you check out "vacation rentals" on top of this page or contact www.samuiconnection.com/ Elina Samui' DEs run and owned.

IMHO Bang Po is rather remote and nothing much around, its situted in The northern tip of the island half way between Nathon and on the way to Maenam. For me ( please read for me) I think is a bit far from most things I enjoyed.

There are some very nice private villas with private pool that might suit in Lipa noi / Baan Taling ngam area from both samuiconnection.com/ and vacation rentals

Hope this help

Nuremberg, Germany
Level Contributor
7,827 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Big family accommodation

Bang Po is fairly remote and you would certainly want to have your own wheels.

Maybe check out to rent two Duplex Units at Whispering Palms Bophut. Each unit has two bedrooms and a large living room plus kitchen/dining area. They have two swimming pools and most of the time you have them for yourself. It’s a 10 to 15 minutes walk to the beach at Fishermans Village and shorter to some local restaurants.

If available I’d go for the Pool View Villas as they are well worth the extra THB 5000.- a week and they are below your budget anyway.

http://www.dsdsamui.com/WPDuplex.html#Scene_1

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
3,790 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Big family accommodation

A place that seems to be well recommended for families is Smile House in Bophut. It has 2 and 3 bedroom villas and is a mid-range hotel that seems to have a nice Thai style. It doesn't have a beach as nice as Chaweng or Choeng Mon but is is still nice and might suit what you are looking for.

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
3,790 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Big family accommodation

Also definitely check out Samui Connection, they have a great range of villas which might suit you also.

Perth
Level Contributor
139 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Big family accommodation

Look at Villa Tanamera ,has 2 bedroom villas ,with kitchen ,you could perhaps rent two and they are in your price range ,Hope this helps.

London
Level Contributor
65 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Big family accommodation

Thanks for all this,

I think the Bang Po place is probably off the list. We've no plans to get a car, and rental of a car to fit 9 would be fine, but not just to support the location...

Sweetpea, I've had a look through the ones on TA, and shortlisted a few, but most are too expensive / not in the right area (I've been concentrating on Cheong Mon for the most part).

I've nor seen Samui connection before, so will peruse that!

Thanks

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Big family accommodation

Samui blu and Baan Chang villas seems to be the cheapest of them all and its in cheongmon.

Hopefully something will pop up for you. Fingers crossed x

London
Level Contributor
65 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Big family accommodation

Still looking through samui connection!

Thanks Sweetpea, I got excited at Samui Blu it looks perfect, but they're both 3 bedroom places and I need 4.

Do you think they'd let me pitch a tent for my daughter? ;-)

manchester
Level Contributor
86 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Big family accommodation

We stayed in the four bedroom presidential villa at beach republic last year which was amazing. Had the best of both worlds - a private villa and pool in a hotel. Breakfast was included and great. Their website does 360 degree videos and images and is very accurate. Would be great to combine it with the 2 family bungalows at lipa lodge which is much more basic but in a wonderful secluded location ( wouldn't stay for the whole trip) gorgeous infinity pool and amazing Thai food :)

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Big family accommodation

That's funny but you will never know if you never ask ..lol. Can't the children shares the bed room ? It would be fun for them. It will be just like the big dormitory for them. Just my thought any way :)