We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Singapore to Koh Samui

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
647 posts
212 reviews
Save Topic
Travel from Singapore to Koh Samui

Hi there!

I will be in Singapore for a month in March and I can take one week of in the middle of my stay, which I would like to spend in Koh Samui. I have had a look at flights but I have only found very expensive ones (approx 650 USD for a return flight).

Am I doing anything wrong, or are the prices really so high?

Are there any other destinations in Thailand (apart Krabi and Phuket) which can be easily reached from Singapore?

I would love to spend a week at the seaside, so any recommendations are welcome.

thanks

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,119 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Singapore to Koh Samui

Hi

yes the prices are that expensive!! The airport is a private airport owned by Bangkok Airways, so they restrict who flys in and out of the airport.

There is a cheaper option via Kuala Lumpur to Surat Thani and then ferry over to the island.

Flying with Air Asia has limited flights to Thailand from Singapore, but if you go via Kuala Lumpur you have most places available to you.

Seaside is a very English word - Blackpool, Brighton, Yarmouth sort of places!! What sort of place are you looking for? Busy beach or quiet place to relax?

Easyier to suggest when we know what sort of place you are looking for!

Nuremberg, Germany
Level Contributor
7,620 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Singapore to Koh Samui

Non-Stop flights to Samui are in that price range.

Check out flights to Kuala Lumpur and then from K.L. Subang to Samui by Firefly. That should be a fair bit cheaper.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Singapore to Koh Samui

Hi

$650 is it from Bangkok airways? If so did you check out Silk airs ? I'd read it some where and they said Silk airs are cheaper might worth to have a look.

Another options is get the cheaper flight from Singapore to Phuket and from fly Phuket to koh Samui by Bangkok airway( only Bangkok airs fly this route) to koh Samui( I'm not sure if going to be any cheaper but you never know worth to have a look).

Good luck

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,420 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Singapore to Koh Samui

Yes flights SIN to USM are always expensive. It usually works out cheaper as Pea suggests going to HKT or BKK.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,544 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from Singapore to Koh Samui

Have used Silk from Singapore to Samui. A lot cheaper than some of the others.

6. Re: Travel from Singapore to Koh Samui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 09:16