We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Koh Samui Taylors

Sydney, Australia
3 posts
Save Topic
Koh Samui Taylors

Can someone give me a more recent opinion of the best Taylor in Koh Samui and also the cost of Men's suits, shirts & ladies dress?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,421 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Koh Samui Taylors

I think you have a better chance of winning lotto than you do of finding a decent tailor on Samui but no doubt others will come along with glowing references and tailor recommendations.

Sydney, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Koh Samui Taylors

Thanks for your useless reply.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,421 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Koh Samui Taylors

You can always take the advice from all the other really useful replies to your question.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Koh Samui Taylors

Hi

What Prince says is not useless. I think you should thank him for saving you a headache and the worst saving you money.

Of course there are some good tailors out there. But It's really just like buying the lottery you have a very small chance of winning it. do yourself a favor by do research by typing in the word "tailors " in the search engines box you will see what Prince talking about.

Good luck

New Zealand
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Koh Samui Taylors

Sorry I have to agree with FP and Pea.

They start to get under your skin while in Samui but some peple love going to them and are totally happy and go back year after year with glowing reports.

Personally I would not bother and have seen some pretty average stuff produced. Also the prices are not really not any cheaper than what you would pay in your own country.

If I could say one thing... allow plenty of time so you can get things adjusted if you are not happy.

If you want some sort of up's for a taylor I know of a regular crowd of aussies that go to Timmy's in Chaweng and think the world of his services. Trust me I am no associate of Timmy either.

Good luck, I am off to buy my lotto ticket as FP just inspired me of my odds :)

Banbury, United...
Level Contributor
954 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Koh Samui Taylors

just arrived home from samui an hour ago...you will be so fed up of being stopped in the street by them,you will not want to give them your business.

JBR to follow in a day or 2

Pat

MelbourneAustralia
Level Contributor
339 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Koh Samui Taylors

JoJo, bit harsh with your reponse back to Fresh Prince, believe that he was only trying to say that there are far more dodgy tailors than good ones but hadn't experienced any himself.

I see you have only made 2 posts on the forums and need to understand that 99% of people are trying to provide advice as Prince was about the high proportion of tailors with bad reputations.

Having said that I have been lucky enough to find a tailor that I am happy with. Yes you can buy suits cheap in Ausralia now, most of which get pumped out of China. I have been getting suits made up from Timmys since Feb 2009 and always get 2 pairs of pants and better quality fabrics than the Chinese ones in some of the mens wear chains in Aussie. If i went to a tailor in Aussie to get the equivalent custom fit and fabric it would cost me a lot more, but then I like custom fit suits for me.

Since Feb 2009, I have had 5 suits from Timmys and the original one is nearly 4 years old and still wears well. When you go to Samui you will see little slease bags outside tailors shops trying to put on Aussie accents to get you into their store, they give me the you know whats !

Do a search on the Samui forum using Tailor (not Taylors) as your key search word and yes you will see some positive comments on Timmys from me and others. You will also see some bad experiences with tailoirs who have poorly made garments, failed to deliver when promised or not at all and others set up dodgy alias names as a traveller when it is obvious that they work for a tailor and have come on TA to try and push their own business which is not ethical, then again neither are a lot of tailors.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Koh Samui Taylors

Hey Jojo! Not nice!!! FP gave his honest opinion. If you don't want honesty then perhaps you will be ok with finding a tailor on Samui after all ;)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,421 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Koh Samui Taylors

Thanks all.

See, it really is possible to be both useless and helpful at the same time :)

New Zealand
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Koh Samui Taylors

too right Fresh Prince if my lottery ticket wins it will be my shout at Samui! Might even buy the Tailor one. lol