We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon plz help

Level Contributor
10 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon plz help

I have been trying to narrow down hotels for my honeymoon and have got it down to 2, the Akaryn Samui which has a pool suite or Centara Grand Beach which has a deluxe pool suite. Any help or opinions would be greatly appreciated

Tongson bay, koh...
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
Level Contributor
1,780 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon plz help

hi guys

personally i would have a private villa

[hotels with hundreds of people around the pool isnt my idea of a honeymoon]

akaryn ive heard is a no kids resort [targeting honeymooners ]

my choice by far

cheers

dean cleeton

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon plz help

Hi

I think they are two completely different concept resorts. As Dean says akryn geared up towards couple. Centara grand are bigger resort chains. We stayed in the pool deluxe club room and loved it. Very private with good size plunge pool, separte baht and shower, walk in wardrobe, day bed and all modern amenity.

Cheers,

Level Contributor
10 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon plz help

Thanks 4 your help our wedding is August so were planning to go away early September have you any idea what weather would be like as we have had so many differing opinions

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon plz help

Early September you should be fine with weather. The official koh smaui rainy season start around mid October :>

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,718 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon plz help

Everybody recommends Centara Grand for families with kids. IIts also a fairly big hotel and for both reasons it wouldn't be my first choice of hotel for a honeymoon.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,493 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon plz help

It depends if the holidays are on, when we go in May it's mainly couples at the Centara but I would also check out Paradise Samui.

7. Re: Honeymoon plz help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 06:15