We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting to and from Ko Samui

Toronto
Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
getting to and from Ko Samui

Hello to everyone,

We have just started to plan our trip for July.

I know it is annoying to answer the same questions over and over again so PLEASE bear with me... I need some reliable answers:

1. How much rain do you REALLY get there in July-August? Is it even worth coming for a beach vacation if we're going to be rained in?

2. How do you get to and from the island from Bangkok? Are there flights? Ferries? How often do they go and how reliable? What are the prices?

3.We are hoping to go to Koh Phangan for the full moon party. Do you recommend we move to a hotel there before the party or can we commute back to Ko Samui in the morning after?

Broadbeach...
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: getting to and from Ko Samui

The wet season is from Oct. to Jan,so you will have great weather,nice and hot.The best way is to fly and there are about 12 flights per day and it takes around an hour.the other way is bus/train and ferry which takes over 12 hours.Look at Bangkokair's website to book your flight,no other airline flies there.The FMP at Haad Rin is very busy and accom books out very quickly,most people get there a day or 2 before.The are speedboats that take people across before and back again after the party.

Cheers

JohnB

Newcastle N S W
Level Contributor
920 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: getting to and from Ko Samui

Can`t add much to what John says

1 Weather will be good at that time,rain will normally consist of short sharp showers with the occasional T/storm

2 3 options to Samui,fly, train or bus then ferry as John says both bus & train take 12 hrs then a ferry across to Samui from Suratthani.Bangkok Air is the only airline that fly direct to Samui as John says,Prices are around 7300 baht return however there is a first flight or last flight special of 4000 return,Bangkok Air fly 18 times to Samui & 16 times return & it takes 1 hour.

3 Either option is good for the FMP depends on you.

Hope this helps

Jamie