We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sudden Urge

Te Anau, New Zealand
12 posts
Save Topic
Sudden Urge

I have just decided to fly to Koh Samui.

Broke up with my longterm bf and have decided to spend Valentines day on a beach with a beer rather than in cold snowy England.

Where would you lovely knowledgeable people suggest for a first time visitor to Koh Samui. I heard Chewang Beach is nice?

Many thanks in advance fellow adventure seekers ;-)

Mentioned in this post
Samui Beach Resort
Samui Beach Resort
462 Reviews
Ko Samui, Thailand
Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,583 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sudden Urge

Can you give us a bit more information? What is your budget per night? Are you wanting to stay right in the thick of the action and partying or would you prefer to be within a 15 minute walk/3 minute songtheow (pickup truck with seats in the back) ride so that you can come back to a quieter location later on.

Chaweng is the place to be if you are young and want to party. The central area is very full on with bars and restaurants etc but the southern end of the beach is much quieter but is still very accessible.

If you can give an idea of budget, I'm sure there will be some good suggestions as to where to stay.

Sorry about your breakup. I think a trip to Thailand will be very good for the soul :)

Mentioned in this post
Chaweng
Chaweng
Ko Samui, Thailand
Te Anau, New Zealand
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sudden Urge

thanks for the reply.

yer thats my thinking very good for my soul.

Im trying to keep it as cheap as possible my last minute flight is already costing me 960pound.

I was thinking about getting a room in a hostel, its very cheap 10pound per night and i wud have the room to myself but i dont know how safe it would be?

Certain budget hotel if i was going to go for one as i am going to stay 4 weeks.

Not bothered about being in the centre, being able to escape the teenagers is always good, but close enough to have a drink and walk or short songtheow ride home.

?

Thanks Allie

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,737 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sudden Urge

Go to Chaweng, there's a few cheaper options down the southern end, near the Mercure Hotel.

From there you can wander up the road to Ark Bar, Club Solo and Green Mango, or over the lake to the Reggae Bar. Many quiet and great bars and restaurants in between.

Have a blast and enjoy yourself in tropical paradise.

Edited: 30 January 2013, 22:12
Mentioned in this post
Chaweng
Chaweng
Ko Samui, Thailand
Ark Bar Beach Resort
Ark Bar Beach Resort
1,594 Reviews
Ko Samui, Thailand
perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sudden Urge

Hi

If you don't fuss too much then there are a few on the beach towards end of south chaweng beach.

There are

First resident

Samui lagoon bay

Sea scape

San souci

These you will have your own room, basic but on the beach. You can walk to those bars and clubs Matt mentioned above they all are in the central of chaweng or just short songtheaw rides.

Happy holiday :)

Mentioned in this post
Samui Lagoon Bay
Samui Lagoon Bay
89 Reviews
Ko Samui, Thailand
Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,583 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sudden Urge

Samui Budget Hotel is also another suggestion. It is across the road from the beach but you can walk across the road through their sister property Chaweng Cove Resotel and also use their pool etc.

If you contact some of the hotels that have been suggested and ask for a special rate as you are staying for 4 weeks you may get some really good rates.

Edited: 31 January 2013, 01:37
Mentioned in this post
Samui Beach Resort
Samui Beach Resort
462 Reviews
Ko Samui, Thailand
Chaweng Cove Beach Resort
Chaweng Cove Beach Resort
656 Reviews
Ko Samui, Thailand
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,151 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sudden Urge

Can't suggest places for you but I wanted to say good on you for heading off on a trip to celebrate/commiserate (insert whichever suits you) your breakup.

I hope you have a wonderful trip and enjoying relaxing in the sun. Samui is the perfect place to mend a broken heart :)

Mentioned in this post
Samui Beach Resort
Samui Beach Resort
462 Reviews
Ko Samui, Thailand
7. Re: Sudden Urge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2014, 05:16