We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Intercontinental samui

buckinghamshire
Level Contributor
177 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Intercontinental samui

Getting a taxi over tomorrow from bophut. Is it worth stocking up on beers and snacks here before I go or ask the driver to stop off on the way? Cheers

Tongson bay, koh...
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
Level Contributor
1,780 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Intercontinental samui

hi guys

you can stop at Nathon tescos on the way or the many 7 11 and family marts also along the way

its going to take about 30 minutes

cheers

DC

Italy
Level Contributor
39,493 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Intercontinental samui

I would buy them before you go and pack them away as I wouldn't arrive at the Intercontinental with bags full of beer and snacks.

buckinghamshire
Level Contributor
177 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Intercontinental samui

It doesn't look great walking in with bags full if shopping (and beer)..I agree may go tomorrow morning and get a few bits although will be eating out mostly I guess although try to avoid hotel restaurants if I can

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Intercontinental samui

I honestly don't see the problem coming in with bags of shopping? Who cares if you bring stuff in?

We have always had the hotel transfer stop at a convenience store on the way to our hotel and there has never been a problem. Hotels are not silly, they know that we can get stuff cheaper elsewhere, and they are going to see it all in the mini-bar/room anyway.

Just grab it on the way :)

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Intercontinental samui

Hi

I agree with steph and Chrella ask the driver to stop on the way. If you don't have a car you are no where near the shops and the locals restaurant ( cheap one anyway). There's five island island restaurant still a long way to walk down from the hotel. There's sunset beach resort right next store to intercontinental you could go for their restaurant.

Happy holiday :)

6. Re: Intercontinental samui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2014, 06:16