We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the best village to stay in Koh Samui?

Glasgow
Level Contributor
5 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
What is the best village to stay in Koh Samui?

I'm looking to find out which part of Koh Samui is the best location for a honeymoon. We are looking for a secluded hotel/resort on a secluded beach but hopefully not too far from nice restaurants and bars. Where is the best place to stay for that kind of thing? Also good to hear any specific accomodation recommendations! We're looking for a beach bungalow with a private pool!

Not asking for much hehe!

1. Re: What is the best village to stay in Koh Samui?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 March 2013, 01:35
Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
3,659 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the best village to stay in Koh Samui?

You don't mention budget but I would think that Sala Samui would suit you. Located on Choeng Mon beach which is beautiful with clear water and powdery sand. It also has a number of restaurants and bars both right on the beach and the road outside. It is pretty quiet but not totally secluded. It is only about 15 minutes to the busier areas if you want to venture out. Another option would be Tongsai Bay very close to the same beach also with pool villas.

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
3,659 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the best village to stay in Koh Samui?

Sorry double post.

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,700 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the best village to stay in Koh Samui?

Tongsai Bay, Sala Samui Imperial Boathouse. All in Choeng Mon area. All good hotels.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,133 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the best village to stay in Koh Samui?

I agree with Sala. Or pehaps Tongsai. Many of the more secluded resorts are five star with private pools but they don't come cheap. If you share your budget you will get more relevant suggestions.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is the best village to stay in Koh Samui?

Hi

Majority of 5* are situated on secluded beach which some of them can be too far for walking to locals restaurants and bars. But Sala, imperial boar house and on cheongmon beach you will find locals restaurants in walking distance but the beach is not secluded.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,133 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is the best village to stay in Koh Samui?

Sorry if I wasn't clear, Pea is absolutely correct, Sala is within walking distance to local restuarants and bars, however Tongsai is not really.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
5 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is the best village to stay in Koh Samui?

Sorry I hdn't posted a budget because I am not sure myself. Of course if I can get a high-end bungalow with pool that's right on the beach for a budget price then I will take that. Unfortuately, that isn't likely to happen. So I will look for a place that fits the bill and save up for it! Realistically though it has to be under about £800 for 6 nights.

Thanks for all your help!

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,700 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What is the best village to stay in Koh Samui?

Tongsai and Sala will be out of budget. You could look at Samui Honey cottages, kirati, Imperial boathouse, Choeng mon beach resort and the Whitehouse. All on Choeng mon beach and all at different price points.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What is the best village to stay in Koh Samui?

I think with your budget imperial boat house, White House looks good. Also do checkout Chaweng noi beach, the beach are beautiful smaller and quieter than Cheongmon beach with just a few resorts nearby and few restaurant to be had. Checkout imperial beach resort, new star resort and the fair house beach resort.

Good luck