We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

its raining and we need ideas

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
its raining and we need ideas

Hi all,

Its been raining here the last two days and may rain again tomorrow. My wife and I are going a bit stir crazy and are looking for some suggestions on what to do (We have already watched movies, read three books and over did it at the spa).

Does anyone have some suggestions on what we could do? I am about to give up and just sink myself into a bottle of scotch.

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,470 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: its raining and we need ideas

Maybe try a cooking class? Many hotels offer them in small groups (or will do it if you ask) or you could try SITCA in Chaweng. It is a good way to send some hours and learn something at the same time.

perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: its raining and we need ideas

Hi

I was going to suggest day spa :). Yes agree with Allie cooking class will be best option when is rain.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,737 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: its raining and we need ideas

I'm wondering what's taking you so long to hit that bottle of scotch :)

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,123 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: its raining and we need ideas

Work out. Make a baby. Do something crazy. Hehe.

perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: its raining and we need ideas

Matt..Why I didn't think of that ..yes cocktails or two watching the rains ..bliss :-)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,737 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: its raining and we need ideas

It's just where my mind went straight away Pea :)

If its not flooding now might be a good time to hire a car and go have a look around the island at the various temples. It hopefully won't be too hot and its bound not to be too crowded with tour groups.

Grab a map and go out exploring for a day.

london
Level Contributor
201 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: its raining and we need ideas

Just proves the weather websites are rubbish! It's been saying sunshine everyday!

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,164 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: its raining and we need ideas

I would say how a car too, as it might be wet in chawang but dry on the west. Drive to see the remoter parts of the island, dodo bits the tourists and some of the locals miss. Go to tesco or do starz carbaret.

Look at the weather forecast and go to Phangan or Tao.

Have fun.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
37 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: its raining and we need ideas

I’d defo recommend a cooking class. I did one with my girlfriend in Marrakesh last year. Cooking is her passion, eating is mine, but she dragged me along and I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised. It was great fun, got to meet lots of weird and wonderful people. But most importantly the food was fantastic (if I may say so my self!!!)

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
8,789 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: its raining and we need ideas

There is a Bowling alley at Chaweng TescoLotus