We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inexpensive accomodations for a month on Ko Samui

San Diego
3 posts
Save Topic
Inexpensive accomodations for a month on Ko Samui

My wife and I are teachers and on a limited budget. We are going to Ko Samui for a month. Any recomendations? Thanks!

England
Level Contributor
37 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inexpensive accomodations for a month on Ko Samui

Do you have any preference for crowded or quiet? Touristy or off the beaten track?

Broadbeach...
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Inexpensive accomodations for a month on Ko Samui

You should find something here:

www.sawadee.com/hotels/samui.html…

San Diego
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Inexpensive accomodations for a month on Ko Samui

I envision the place we are staying as more of a place to sleep than anything else. I plan on renting a motorcycle and seeing as much of the island and the people as possible. Some people have said that a/c is a must and others have said a fan is fine. I guess clean and quiet and affordable are my three most important aspects.

Thanks for asking/replying!

England
Level Contributor
37 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Inexpensive accomodations for a month on Ko Samui

Well I know the West coast is nice and quiet. Big John Resort is popular and not too expensive, they have an informative web site.

Central Chaweng and Lamai are a bit noisy , touristy and night life, if that's what you like there are dozens to choose from.

BoPhut is very nice, lots of restaurants and smaller places to stay.

So for the best deal look them up and when you see one you like try to do a deal direct with the hotel for a month. That way you only pay a deposit to the hotel and you can move later if you are really not happy.

lancs
Level Contributor
104 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Inexpensive accomodations for a month on Ko Samui

Hi there

I stayed for a month at cheongmon bungalows in choengmon about 10mins drive from chaweng. Nice area with good beach.

I paid 10000bt for a 1 bed house with a/c, sat tv, small kitchen.

Check out the website. they have lots of beach huts then they have about 4 houses inland about 2 min walk from beach

www.choengmon.com

6. Re: Inexpensive accomodations for a month on Ko Samui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 20:19