We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is there a passport/immigration control at the airpot

Sofia, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Topic
is there a passport/immigration control at the airpot

hi

this is my first question at thailand forums!

I'm doing my honymoon in malaysia and was thinking of taking an airplan directly to kuh samui from Kuala lampur , would this be a problem

in other words , I will apply for thai visa from my country but do i have to pass by bangkok then to kuh samoi or can go directly to that airport as long as i have my visa stamped ?

thanks all

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is there a passport/immigration control at the airpot

No you don't need to pass through Bangkok if there's a direct flight from KL, check out flight schedules and prices on the Matrix website:

http://matrix.itasoftware.com

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is there a passport/immigration control at the airpot

Hi

For visa check it out here thaiembassy.com/thailand/changes-visa-exempt…

Yes they have immigrations at kh Samui airport, no need to go to Bangkok. There's flight with Bangkok airways direct to koh Samui.

Good luck

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,527 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is there a passport/immigration control at the airpot

Hi,

All Thai airports that have regularly scheduled international arrivals have all the necessary Thai immigration and customs officers and processes to admit you.

Without this presence and ability the airport itself cannot offer international services to their airline tennants and carriers wouldn't be permitted to operate an international service without this approval.

Travel Safe,

Sofia, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: is there a passport/immigration control at the airpot

thanks all for your clear answer

i know there is other international flights but these are usually form singapor and malaysia so i thought for other citizens of unkown countries (like bulgaria in my case) i thought they may say i have to go back to bagkok as its my first time in the country

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,531 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: is there a passport/immigration control at the airpot

Once you have a visa you will be ok. You will have to get this in Bulgaria. Bulgarian passports don’t qualify for visa waiver or visa on arrival.

Sofia, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: is there a passport/immigration control at the airpot

do i need to apply for transit or tourist visa ? i only intend to stay for 10 days max ?

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,214 posts
346 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: is there a passport/immigration control at the airpot

Hi

You need to apply for a tourist visa.

A transit visa is for those only staying a few hours.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,531 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: is there a passport/immigration control at the airpot

Tourist visa !

9. Re: is there a passport/immigration control at the airpot

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2014, 06:18