We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Koh Samui hotel/villa search

Belfast, Northern...
Level Contributor
87 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Koh Samui hotel/villa search

Have booked 5 nights in Koh Samui and searching endlessly for hotel that has some activities and maybe a waterslide to occupy two teens. I am looking to spend no more than £600 on hotel.

Also maybe I should consider a villa with pool. Are there any sea front villas, not too remote, for this price?

I am probably at this stage thinking of staying in Chaweng (not the party bit but want to be close to to transport connections and shopping) but I'm flexible if the right accommodation pops up at the right price.

Alot of the hotel websites are so so slow and it's driving me bats!

Thanks

perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Koh Samui hotel/villa search

Hi

Is it £ 600 a night or the whole stay ?

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,367 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Koh Samui hotel/villa search

I don't know of anywhere that has water slides but from what you are looking for I think Centara Grand would suit you. It is in the southern area of Chaweng on a great part of the beach and close to shopping and restaurants (but well away from party area). They also have some activities and big grounds so I think your teens would be ok. Depending on when you travel it might be within budget.

Check out booking sites like Sawasdee, Agoda, Asia Rooms etc for deals too.

Belfast, Northern...
Level Contributor
87 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Koh Samui hotel/villa search

lol

the whole stay. That's about 890 Aussie dollars.

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,367 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Koh Samui hotel/villa search

I don't know of anywhere that has water slides but from what you are looking for I think Centara Grand would suit you. It is in the southern area of Chaweng on a great part of the beach and close to shopping and restaurants (but well away from party area). They also have some activities and big grounds so I think your teens would be ok. Depending on when you travel it might be within budget.

Check out booking sites like Sawasdee, Agoda, Asia Rooms etc for deals too.

Also is it for 3 or 4 people? If 4 you might struggle with your budget for a room to fit all of you. Depending on age of kids it might work out better to get 2 basic rooms in a nice hotel? Smile House in Bophut have 2 bedroom villas that are very reasonable, so that might be worth a look.

Belfast, Northern...
Level Contributor
87 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Koh Samui hotel/villa search

Thanks

Funny I tried to look at one up but the website was very dark and I couldn't seem to find a pic of the pool area. I'll try looking at that again or go to tripadvisor and maybe the public have some better photos. I'm finding that with a lot of sights, the hotels pic galleries aren't really showing lots of pics. Tried BananaFansea too and found the site slow so gave up! Thanks...

perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Koh Samui hotel/villa search

I was got going to suggest Centara grand and Banan fans sea but those will be over your budget. I think chaweng cove resotel , San souci and seascape.

As allies says there's no water slides in the hotel as far as I know. They have villas but the beach front one is not cheap and most of them are in the remote area.

Have a look at those resort I mentions. They are beach front and in south chawrng beach.

Alternatively have a loom Samui honey cottage in cheongmon beach, they have family room beach front.

Cheers,

Italy
Level Contributor
39,497 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Koh Samui hotel/villa search

Have a look at the Asiatravel website as they sometimes have very good deals.

www.asiatravels.com

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,722 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Koh Samui hotel/villa search

If you're after villas I would contact the TA expert Elina70. They have a wide range of villas for all budgets.

Tongson bay, koh...
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
Level Contributor
1,786 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Koh Samui hotel/villa search

hi guys

theres a water park in central Lamai if thats any help

you may find something close by within your budget

cheers

Dean Cleeton

Belfast, Northern...
Level Contributor
87 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Koh Samui hotel/villa search

Thanks everyone for your help.... still looking. Looking at Chaweng Regent at the minute.

Just to