We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Area most like kata beach

Tauranga, New...
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Topic
Area most like kata beach

Hi there:)

I'm so confused! We are traveling to koh samui in September for the first time and I'm really unsure what area we should stay? I've read alot on this forum that south chaweng is a great area, but the usual hotels/resorts that seem to be recommended aren't really what I'm after? Yet I don't know what other area to look at staying? We really loved kata beach in Phuket, it was quiet but not boring with a beautiful beach, is there anywhere that compares? We will be hiring a scooter so we arnt bothered if we need to drive 5,10mins to get to resturants beach etc just want to stay somewhere gorgeous with a thai feel, can anyone recommend an area or resort other than south chaweng? We would like to spend up to $250nz per night

Thanks heaps!

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Area most like kata beach

Hi

Kata in IMHO is bigger than south chaweng beach. If you don't want south chawrng beach then have a look at

Chweng noi beach, the beach are small quiet beautiful and with just 6 resorts in total. Only hand full of restaurants on beach and on the road. Short taxi rides to chaweng or Lamai beach.

Imperial beach reosrt

New star beach reosrt

Impiana beach reosrt

Cheongmon beach, the beach are beautiful quieter than south chaweng beach with many restaurants in beach and on the main road.

Maung Samui villas

Imperial boat house

Bophut beach, the beach are not the best with gritty sand but you will find lots of up market result ants and bars within walking distance with Friday night walking street.

Bophut beach resort and spa

Hansar

Hope some of them would catch your eyes :)

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Area most like kata beach

We also stay in Kata in Phuket and in Samui stay in South Chaweng but if you have decided you don't want to stay there then as Sweetpea says check out the hotels at Choeng mon beach.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,231 posts
346 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Area most like kata beach

Stayed at Kata several times, and if I was to pick it would have to be the southern end of Chaweng! Pretty much a muchness, but Chaweng still feels like a village, whilst Kata is growing up . . .

What end of Kata did you stay? The south? Boathouse / Kata Resort end? The northern end where Kata joins Karon is pretty busy now!

Choeng Mon, Bophut and Chaweng Noi are much smaller and there are restaurants, but you will need to travel if you need more!!

England
Level Contributor
114 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Area most like kata beach

Sounds like the Imperial Boat House in Choeng Mon could be ideal for you - have a look at the following websites:

imperialhotels.com/imperialboathouse/default…

agoda.com/asia/thailand/samui/imperial_boat_…

http://www.sawadee.com/hotel/samui/boathouse/

and for the beach area click on https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=choeng+mon+beach&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=FhN9UZboPMzX7Aa-yoCQDQ&ved=0CEkQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=649

Coffs Harbour
Level Contributor
267 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Area most like kata beach

You say that the usual resorts recommended here aren't what your after. Can you explain what you're after because south Chaweng resorts have much more to offer than Kata. Just for example, there all on the beach, no walking and crossing roads and you can just walk straight up the beach in the evening for a huge choice of authentic restaurants and bars.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,385 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Area most like kata beach

Chaweng = Patong.

Lamai = Kata.

Just my 5 satang worth.

Cheers

7. Re: Area most like kata beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2014, 05:17