We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Affordable Private Pool Villa Thailand

Torquay, Victoria...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Affordable Private Pool Villa Thailand

I'm looking for an affordable private pool villa in Thailand away from Phuket maybe on Koh Samui but I'm open for suggestions if there is somewhere someone recommends.

We'd like it as close to the beach as possible and have a nice large swimming pool too.

We would like to go for two weeks in Feb for ouR honeymoon and would hope to spend no more then $250-$280 a night.

Hope thats possible!

Thanks,

Rochelle

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Affordable Private Pool Villa Thailand

Hi

Feb is still in peak season which all the hotels are more expensive as much as double with your budget if normal or low season you can get quite nice properties. However with your budget and your requirement of near the beach and large pool might be over your budget. You either lower your standard or up your budget. Im not say they aren't any to be found but you have look really hard and the area might not be your ideal eg too far out from all the restaurants etc.

In koh Samui have a look at www.samuibeachvillage.com/ www.sawdee.com/hotel/kohsamui or up the top there's vacation rentals. Have a look and see if anything you like.

Also you might want to check out Krabi area as well as Khao lak in Phang nga area. Read FAQ on the right of the forums page and take it from there. Feb the weather will be better in the west coast ( Phuket, krabi, Phungnga etc) in kohnsamui Feb is still miss and hits.

Cheers,

Torquay, Victoria...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Affordable Private Pool Villa Thailand

Thanks for you reply.

Ok, well if the weather is a little hit and miss in Koh Samui in Feb I'm definitely happy to look into places in Phuket, Krabi and the likes. If it's in Phuket, I'd like to stay away from Patong, Kata, and Karon Beach.

I guess I'd like a private pool villa or if we can have our private pool maybe a spa or just the large swimming pool at the resort would do.

Can you recommend any quiet places with beautiful beaches away from the busy areas?

Thanks.

Tongson bay, koh...
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
Level Contributor
1,780 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Affordable Private Pool Villa Thailand

hi guys

Feb on samui i think is pretty good , and samui in general has 10 months of great weather

our monsoon is oct /nov with average temps at around 28 degrees[year round ]

theres many many private villas on samui for rent within your budget [but maybe not directly on the beach ]

look at vacation rentals on this site

and www.holidaylettings.co.uk

www.ownersdirect.co.uk

www.airbnb.com

www.roomarama.com

just to name a few

you will be spoilt for choice i would say

cheers

Dean Cleeton

Edited: 01 May 2013, 05:58
Torquay, Victoria...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Affordable Private Pool Villa Thailand

Hi Dean,

Is there any resort you'd recommend?

Thanks.

Rochelle

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,700 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Affordable Private Pool Villa Thailand

Are you looking for a private rental villa or a freestanding villa within a hotel resort? If the former, you should get a small 1 or 2 bed villa with pool in budget but as Dean says not necessarily on the beach, maybe a few minutes walk away. Elina70 (TA expert) runs a travel agency and has villas all over the island for rent.

If you're after a villa within a resort, then most on the island will be out of budget as they tend to be in the high end resorts. The villas in those resorts start at around £500 a night. Have a look at the Bhoput resort and spa though. Their villas and pool villas are a lot cheaper than the top end 5 star resorts. If you can compromise on the villa part and stay in a semi detached large cottage (which are private as you can't see into their balconies), then look at Tongsai Bay as it has 2 large pools amazing views and grounds and its perfect for honeymoons. Sala Samui and six senses are also very nice and in the same general area as Tongsai. You won't get a pool villa in budget in those resorts but Six senses have hideaway villas that just might be at the very top of your budget. The imperial boathouse on Choeng Mon (lovely beach) is also a good 4 star hotel. No private villas but very nice converted rice barges.

Try e-mailing all these hotels direct as our experience is that they often provide better prices than hotel booking websites as they throw in free night deals, or extras such as free dinners/spa treatments. Also watch out for the small print on the hotel booking websites. The price quoted usually excludes vat and service and in most hotels that adds an extra 17% to the bill. The prices quoted by the hotels usually includes these charges but again worth double checking.

Just bear in mind that Chinese New Year and Valentines fall in February and when we've visited Samui on either of those dates, the hotels have been packed out.

Tongson bay, koh...
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
Level Contributor
1,780 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Affordable Private Pool Villa Thailand

hi rochelle

im a private villa sort of person [dont like screaming kids and hundreds in the pool ]

so dont stay at resorts [generally]

cheers

Dean cleeton

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Affordable Private Pool Villa Thailand

Just click on the links ( blue writing ) and another one here http://www.thesunsetbeachresort.com/

Cheers,

8. Re: Affordable Private Pool Villa Thailand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 June 2013, 02:05
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
962 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Affordable Private Pool Villa Thailand

Its not on a beach - but we stayed at Sandalwood Luxury Villas in May last year. There is a free shuttle to a quiet beach at the bottom of the hill. At least two of the villas have private pools and there are two other 'public' pools on location.

I say 'public' because the whole 11 days we were there we never had to share a pool as the resort is quite small. On one occassion as I was arriving to the pool another couple was leaving. That was the closest I got to seeing anyone else at the pools.

Just another idea as I think their smaller rooms will come in under your budget.

Sydney
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Affordable Private Pool Villa Thailand

It's double your budget but as others have suggested, private pool villas in resorts tend to be $500+ per night, but I can't recommend Ayara Hilltops enough. Private pool, view over the sea, spa bath, massage included, champers and fruit on arrival... $550 a night.

http://www.ayarahilltops.com/