We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Decent accommodation in villa for 6 persons?

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
31 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Decent accommodation in villa for 6 persons?

Hello,

I will travel to Koh Samui in July with another 5 friends, we will arrive in Koh Samui on July 19, and will leave on July 27.

I have browsed the accommodation options, and forums, and customer opinions, and it seems the best option is a villa. But I see mixed opinions and confusing reviews.

We would like for the 8 nights, some villa for us as close to the beach as possible ( I don't want to climb steep hills everyday), clean, with Wireless Internet.

Also is it possible to pay by bank transfer? Also does the villa owner also live in it or do we have it for ourselves, how does this work exactly?

Thank you in advance,

Regards,

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
31 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Decent accommodation in villa for 6 persons?

Also does anyone know, are these villas safer than hotels?

I mean, is it safe to leave gadgets, laptops or expensive camera gear and such, in the villas, and have a guarantee that you'll still find them when you come back?

I only have experience with hotels, which seem to not be that safe. Thank you for your valuable input.

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Decent accommodation in villa for 6 persons?

Try contacting elina70, the take expert as she lives on the island and has an agency that rents out villas. we've found Thai people in the main to be honest and in samui we've always felt we would be much more likely to be robbed by some of the tourists than the locals.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
31 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Decent accommodation in villa for 6 persons?

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards,

Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Decent accommodation in villa for 6 persons?

Hi there, we've booked a three bedroom villa on the beach for four weeks over Christmas. Haven't been there yet so can't say what it's like exactly but the photos look amazing and the reviews are good and dealings with the owners so far have been excellent. The villa is called Baan Pimalai Koh Samui. Also 18 members of my extended family have also booked various forms of accomodation at this same time and many of the family groups have booked villas at Samran Gardens. If you stay at Baan Pimaai I would be keen to hear your review.

Good luck,

Fiona

Canberra
Level Contributor
574 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Decent accommodation in villa for 6 persons?

We had a fantastic 4-bedroom villa last year in June, for 4 couples, up in the North-East corner of the island, not far from Six Senses, a bit of a climb down to and up from the beach though. But we really didn't want to leave the big private pool with amazing views down to the beach.

https:/…127237817306066

The villa had a live-in caretaker and each bedroom had a locking door and safe, we had no problems leaving things there. A light breakfast was included and basic cleaning done every day.

We booked direct with the owner and paid by bank transfer, half before arrival, half the day after arrival.

The previous year we checked out a few of the available options, there are plenty to choose from, the price varies according to facilities and location. Free wifi is pretty common and there are some pretty cheap house/villa deals down in the south-west of the island (less populated with resorts/ tourists), but not necessarily right near the beach and you would need to have a car and probably not for first-timers.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
429 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Decent accommodation in villa for 6 persons?

Like Fiona, we're also staying at Baan Pimalai around that time. Haven't stayed there before but agree the contact, communication with the owner has been excellent and the reviews outstanding. I might see you there Fiona, come up and say hi, I'm easy to recognise, look just like my profile picture <chuckle, chuckle> sorry, I digress, many/most villas will have a safe, use common sense, lock up your valuables and you should be fine. Deposits all made by bank transfer and villas are a 50 m walk to the beach with a small private pool and a larger communal pool for the complex. These ones also have a couple of canoes and other welcome stars that we're looking forward to using. Cleaning every day with linen change every three.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
429 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Decent accommodation in villa for 6 persons?

'EXTRAS'! "... other welcome extras that we're looking forward to using"

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,124 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Decent accommodation in villa for 6 persons?

Just a point I would make is don't pay with a bank transfer as you don't have any buyer protection (well this is the case in Australia anyway). Use paypal if you want to use your own funds or pay with a credit card, that way you are protected.

Canberra
Level Contributor
574 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Decent accommodation in villa for 6 persons?

Yes, good point. In the case I described above the owner is in Australia and it seemed a reasonable thing to do, compared to some of the agency listings on the same property which the owner said were not authorised.

10. Re: Decent accommodation in villa for 6 persons?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2014, 05:17