We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with itinerary for honeymoon

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
61 posts
219 reviews
Save Topic
Help with itinerary for honeymoon

I'll be arriivng in Koh Samui on a weekday for my honeymoon. I have drafted an itinerary. Please chekc and let me know if it can be improved in any way:

Wednesday: Arrive in Koh Samui at 10:30 AM. Check-in to hotel.

Thursday: Koh Samui island tour

Friday: Angthong Marine National Park

Saturday: Depart Koh Samui for 3PM flight

For Thursday Koh Samui island tour, I'm planning to book with http://www.kohsamui.org/tours for a full day trip. They cover : Grandmother & Grandfather rocks, Monkey working the coconut, Elephant Trekking, Crocodile Den, Waterfall Swim, Mummified Monk, 4x4 up the Mountain tops, Secret Buddha Garden, Amazing viewpoint 650M above sea level, Lunch at Woodland restaurant, Rubber plantation/tapping, Descend the mountain, Big Buddha near Sunset.

For Friday, I'm planning to book with kosamui.com/snorkeling/angthong-speedboat2.h… They cover Angthong Marine National Park, Wao Island, Sam Sow Island, Mae Koh Island, Green Lagoon, island view point, elephant camp, Fish Spa or Elephant Trekking

On Wednesday after arrival, please let me know can be done in the late afternoon after lunch.

Is the itinerary for Thursday and Friday good enough?

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,705 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with itinerary for honeymoon

How about just chilling out and relaxing on Wednesday afternoon by the pool and then head out to the local street stalls to sample the food later in the evening. Looking at the next two days you've packed in all the main places to see in and around Samui and they'll be long hot and tiring. Make sure you go to fisherman's village on Friday evening. They have a walking street market which is great fun and there's dancing by the pier. we start at the opposite end to the pier, much our way down through the food stalls shopping along the way and end up at Coconut (or some call it Cocotams) and flop on the bean bags on the sane and listen to the music. If we've still got an appetite we eat next door at Krua. Not bad food.

Tongson bay, koh...
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
Level Contributor
1,780 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with itinerary for honeymoon

hi guys

personally wouldn't do the elephant thing after the marine park trip

this tour is rather fast around the marine park so they can get back early for the extra tour at the end and have had many comments about how short the marine park trip is and rushed

you will see most everything on your day tour around the island , so book a tour to the marine park that goes there only [and you will have more time actually there at the marine park]

cheers

Dean Cleeton

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with itinerary for honeymoon

Hi

Agree don't cramp in too much after all this your honey moon :)

Friday night head to fisherman village as above said they have walking street with lots of locals food and drinks to be had.

Coconut or CoCoTam ( Tam is the name of owner) is beach bar and the place to go for cocktail if your religious allowed you to do so. Other wise they also have non alcohol drinks as well.

On Wednesday when you arrive I would suggest just stroll along the beach where your resort are I think that sounds reasonable.

Congrats :)

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,565 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with itinerary for honeymoon

Crikey, honeymoon or get to do as much as you can trip? The improvements I would suggest is to do less and enjoy more!

Personally I would spend more like chillaxing (which is what a honeymoon is about, isn't it) and less rushing about doing a lot!

I would avoid the elephants, monkeys or crocodiles like the plague! [shoot me down if you want] We don't do any trips or things that involve animals unless it is a bonefide 'sanctuary' there to preserve and save animals with little or no human interaction and not making profit for the humans from the elephants.

We belive that whilst there may possibly be one or two better / good santuaries in the country, most tourists want an 'experiance with elephants' and want that as reasonably priced as possible, so you will find cheap operators, and who knows what the wonderful elephants will be put through. Seeing and riding chained and / or broken / stressed creatures is just not for us! Elephants that rock from side to side are not dancing or happy, quite the reverse, they are very happy and bordering on going mad.

Please remember the soul of the creature that you are buying the bananas for or riding!

Looking into the eye of an elephant is like looking into a million years of wisdom! I have no right to break them to our human will.

We also don't do fish spas, as they are unhygienic and there is a risk of cross contamination of HIV and HepC.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
61 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with itinerary for honeymoon

@TravellingMitch: lol. I understand a honeymoon trip is supposed to be relaxed. I personally would like to relax on the beach with my wifey next to me. But wifey likes to explore new places *sigh* .

The itinerary is just to get to know what all can be done in that particular day. I won't be doing any advance booking for the island tours, since there are so many tour operators and going on a trip is not a big deal.

I'm planning to stay at Zazen Boutique Resort. Is it a nice place for honeymooners?

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with itinerary for honeymoon

Yes Zazen is very nice property right on the beach within walking distance to fisherman village and friday night walking street. There are plenty of up market restaurants and bars to be had in the area.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,565 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help with itinerary for honeymoon

Zazen is a lovely location. Very relaxing.

Start the marriage off with compromise. One day busy, one day chillaxing. It is what me and Mr Mitch do!

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
61 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help with itinerary for honeymoon

@sweetpea6468 and @TravellingMitch: Thanks for the feedback on Zazen. Being right on the beach helps since we'll be there on our honeymoon.

I've decided to revise the itinerary. Initially I had planned of staying 3 nights in Phuket and 3 nights in Koh Samui. Now I feel it is better to stay all the 6 nights in Koh Samui. Working on an itinerary for 6 nights and 7 days now.

Cambridge, UK
Level Contributor
154 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help with itinerary for honeymoon

I wouldn't get too hung up on planning a detailed itinerary in advance. One of the joys of Samui is taking one day at a time, following your nose and just seeing what happens - and this has to be especially true for a Honeymoon. Most tours can be booked the day before from any of the local travel agents (and there are lots) and it is good to keep your options open in case the weather is uncooperative.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
61 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help with itinerary for honeymoon

Is it worth going with the tour agencies for Koh Samui tour? I was thinking of checking out each attraction at our own pace. I have read a lot of reviews where the tour operators don't allow sufficient time to enjoy the attraction.

I spent some time and drafted an itinerary. Please have a look and provide your valuable suggestion:

Sun: Check-in to hotel. Relax at the beach.

Mon: Wat Plai Laem, Big Buddha Temple, Laem Sor Pagoda, Hin Ta and Hin Yai (Grandfather and Grandmother rocks - Lamai beach)

Tue: Ang Thong Marine National Park by speedboat

Wed: Secret Buddha Garden, Wat Kiri Wongkaram, Samui snake farm, Namuang waterfall, Wat Khunaram (Mummified Monk), Nathon Town (shopping)

Thu: Samui Crocodile Farm, Samui Monkey Theater, Chaweng beach, shopping (Chaweng), Chaweng Boxing Stadium

Fri: Relax at the beach & spa, Fisherman village (friday night shopping)

15th Sat: Depart Koh Samui