We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Choeng Mon in July

Stockholm
Level Contributor
725 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Choeng Mon in July

We have booked a stay at Choeng Mon for this July and are wondering if the beach will be swimmable during that time? I have heard that it could be to shallow due to low tides and that it is a muddy bottom? I have been on the beach in January and it lookes very nice. We will stay at Sala Samui.

Regards

Pelle

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
359 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Choeng Mon in July

We stay in Choeng Mon in June (also low tide) and the beach is fine. You really have nothing to worry about. Relax and enjoy the build up to your holiday, you will have a ball!

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Choeng Mon in July

Don't worry, we've just come back and spent a day at the Choeng Mon beach and it definitely wasn't muddy, you'll love Samui.

Mansfield
Level Contributor
608 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Choeng Mon in July

Just one word can describe Cheong Mon - bootiful

Best part is to the right of Sala when facing the sea..

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Choeng Mon in July

Hi Mansfield

Cheongmon beach are so great, so bootiful ..lol

Pea :)

Stockholm
Level Contributor
725 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Choeng Mon in July

Thanks for your answers! It will be our third visit to the island and we have previously stayed at Karma and Tongsai but wanted to try a new spot for our holiday. I have been having dinner at Sala so I know that the hotel looks great, just wanted answers about the beach. 47 days until arriving to the cutest airport in the world :)

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,702 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Choeng Mon in July

Never seen mud on the sea bed at Samui. There are some rocks in front of Sala and there's coral and rocks in between the beach and off shore island, which can be walked to at low tide. The beach is great, one of the best in Samui.

Stockholm
Level Contributor
725 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Choeng Mon in July

Thanks Twiggy! Are so looking forward to our trip. Will try Phangan and Thong Nai Pan before Samui this time.

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,702 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Choeng Mon in July

Phangan is like samui was 16 years ago. it will be a great contrast to samui. have a great holiday. salas a lovely hotel.

9. Re: Choeng Mon in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2014, 06:19