We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon- Tongsai Bay, Silavedee, or Six Senses?

Hermosa Beach...
3 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon- Tongsai Bay, Silavedee, or Six Senses?

My fiance and I are heading to Koh Samui in October for our honeymoon and are trying to decide which place is best. We are looking for a place with a private pool, breakfast in the room, and fairly easy access to the beach. We also would like somewhere with good food and a poolside bar!

We've narrowed it down to Tongsai Bay, Silavedee, or Six Senses, all of which seem to have great reviews. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,718 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon- Tongsai Bay, Silavedee, or Six Senses?

Can't help with Silavadee as I'm not that familiar with it but I don't think it will be in the same league as the other two hotels.

Six Senses and Tongsai Bay are in neighbouring bays so location wise they much of a muchness. They're both good hotels in a fairly undeveloped part of the island (when compared to the busy resorts of Chaweng and Lamai). They're both perfect for a honeymoon. Very peaceful and tranquil but 10 minutes in either direction to Bhoput and Chaweng if you want to try out different restaurants or experience the manic nightlife in Chaweng.

Style wise there's not much difference. Both resorts used natural materials such as teak during the construction of their villas and are very thai in style. Both resorts have pool villas. Both have lovely grounds but personally I think Tongsai's are better. The resorts got 80 rooms and villas spread out over 25 acres of stunning grounds that bends around a horseshoe shaped bay. Killer views from every angle. Both have an eco friendly policy. The beach is a private beach at Tongsai Bay as it can only be reached via the hotel grounds. Because the accommodation is so spaced out, I think the villas are also more private at Tongsai.

Food wise both are good but the head chef at Six senses left and now works for Tongsai and Tongsai's thai chef recently won the silver medal at Bangkoks Asia/Indochina cookery contest (500 chefs took part). Says it all really.

There's nothing within walking distance of Six senses but Choeng Mon beach is 10-15 minutes walk from Tongsai. There's 30 restaurants and bars in the high street/on the beach plus a small selections of shops so its not as isolated as Six senses if you fancy nipping out for lunch. That said it would be less than 5 minutes in a cab to get from Six senses to Choeng Mon.

I also love the service at Tongsai. Its exceptionally good but its done in a laid back rather than formal stuffy way. It always feels like coming home to family when we visit Tongsai even if we haven't been there for a while. That said, the pool villas come with butler at Six senses and Tongsai's don't but to be honest you don't need them as the staff are so good.

Good luck. Tough choice but whichever one you pick have a great honeymoon.

Hermosa Beach...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon- Tongsai Bay, Silavedee, or Six Senses?

Thanks Twiggyrex!

Tongson bay, koh...
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
Level Contributor
1,780 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon- Tongsai Bay, Silavedee, or Six Senses?

hi guys

like to add that six senses share their beach with other resorts [Tongsai dont ]

october /november is monsoon season on Samui so might be some indoor time if we get some rain

cheers

DC

4. Re: Honeymoon- Tongsai Bay, Silavedee, or Six Senses?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2014, 06:16