We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lovely soft bed in 4/5 star hotel?

Edinburgh, United...
10 posts
Save Topic
Lovely soft bed in 4/5 star hotel?

I will be in Samui for a wedding and due to back problems need as soft a bed as I can find. Can you recommend anywhere to me? Happy to receive PMs from hotels who can offer - particulary with a choice of mattress if there is such an option. Thanks in anticipation.

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,702 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lovely soft bed in 4/5 star hotel?

I have the same problem as you but I've found most beds in Thailand to be quite firm. Probably best to shortlist a few a hotels and then e-mail them your questions about the mattress.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lovely soft bed in 4/5 star hotel?

We stayed at Samui Paradise in a junior suite and the bed was lovely, big king size, comfy pillows and lovely comfy mattress but it is not a five star resort!

We have in the past stayed twice at The Evason/Six Senses Resort in Phuket and they do have a resort on Samui, so I would say it would be the same standard, the bed at the Evason was the best we have ever had in Thailand with lovely pillows and white soft fluffy quilt, it was like sleeping in a big marshmallow lol so maybe check out Six Senses in Samui, if their other resorts are anything to go by you wouldn't be disappointed :-)

PS: you can also ask for a mattress topper to make the bed a bit softer for you at most resorts

Edited: 01 June 2013, 15:26
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,145 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lovely soft bed in 4/5 star hotel?

The best bed I have stayed in was at the Hansar Samui. There is a Hansar in Bangkok so it might be worth emailing them to see if they have the same mattresses?

4. Re: Lovely soft bed in 4/5 star hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2014, 06:16