We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thai Bank exchange rates

Beijing
Level Contributor
200 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Thai Bank exchange rates

Can anyone tell me which Thai bank gives the best exchange rate? I will be looking to change the money in Koh Samui rather than at the airport. Many thanks for any advice you can give me.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,737 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thai Bank exchange rates

You can find daily exchange rates at multiple banks here

…daytodaydata.net/default.aspx

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9,780 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thai Bank exchange rates

And the bank providing the best rate may change day by day. Btw. don't bother looking for a Super Rich office in Koh Samui, since they don't have any.

Canberra
Level Contributor
588 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thai Bank exchange rates

TMB seem to be consistently the lowest rate, Krung Thai and Bank of Ayudhya are consistently good with many booths.

Beijing
Level Contributor
200 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thai Bank exchange rates

Is it true that ATMs give you a better rate than actually going into a bank and changing money?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,737 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thai Bank exchange rates

My understanding is the money you take out of an ATM is exchanged at a rate by your home bank so I doubt the rate will be better.

Nearly all ATM'S will charge you 150baht per withdrawl as well.

Edited: 30 June 2013, 04:51
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thai Bank exchange rates

You can try out Bank of Ayudhya. Good Rates !!!

7. Re: Thai Bank exchange rates

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2014, 06:18