We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

koh samui in jan 2014

Rhodes, Greece
Level Contributor
203 posts
Save Topic
koh samui in jan 2014

looking to make a trip to koh samui but i'm running out of time for bookings i figure since we are party of 8 adults.

hoping for a private villa but not too expensive, about 80usd per person per night is pushing our budget but i really like a nice villa

also, can forummers tell me how the beaches are like in samui vs phuket because phuket we are very familiar so if u can tell me the style/crowd level/noise level/cost we can have a good guide what is to expect, eg i figure chaweng is a lot like patong beach in phuket, lots of nightlife, main beach on the island, expensive dining.

looking forward guys!!

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: koh samui in jan 2014

Hello

The beach in koh Samui in Jan are not the best around chaweng, Lamai the ocean are vey rough which can prevent you from water base activity.

Jan is PEAK season in Thailand most the accommodations are gone up as much as double. Chaweng area is a bit like Patong 15 years ago. Dinning its depends where you have it. There are many cheap restaurants and bars to be had in chaweng.

For private villas have a look here " vacation rentals" contact Samuitongson or Elina 70 they should be able to help you out.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,968 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: koh samui in jan 2014

Hi

Chaweng is a bit like Kata / Karon crazy corner area. There is nothing really like Patong, although the really central 100m bit of Chaweng has some Patong Elements.

Lamai as more a Patong feel but is smaller

Bophut is more like Kata but without the nice beach

Choeng Mon is like Kata Noi but with more hotels, whilst Chawang Noi is like Kata Noi.

Edited: 15 July 2013, 19:50
Rhodes, Greece
Level Contributor
203 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: koh samui in jan 2014

what would be a resort equivalent of pavillions phuket? should i consider going to khao lak instead of koh samui? only thing is khao lak is so close to phuket, i suspect my wife would make me drive to phuket everyday instead.

4. Re: koh samui in jan 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2014, 05:18