We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RS Tour Full Moon Party Thailand

Utrecht
2 posts
Save Topic
RS Tour Full Moon Party Thailand

Hello all,

Since travelling is one of the best things in the world and a bad experience gives bad memories I would like to prevent everybody for a bad experience during the full moon party by sharring my story.

Last month I went with 7 friends to Koh Samui and we wanted to go to the full moon party. We booked a ticket with RS Tour & Travel to get to koh Phangan. The pick up at the hotel was at 21.00 but they came at 21,45. The minivan was to small for the number of people and people had to sit on the floor.

When we arrived at the "pier" we noticed the big crowd of people and the small number of "employees". We have been waiting from 22.00 until 01.00 to get on one of the 2 speedboats. After waiting the last hour half way in the water and again missed the boat because of people jumping the queue we decided to go back home. On the website of the tour operator it says that you can get a cashback but that is not true. A lot of people decided not to go and the thai people didnt want to give the money back and a little fight started. One of the thai people went to his car to get a KNIFE to threaten a Russian guy.

Eventually it took us again a half hour waiting before the minivan got us back to the hotel.

In the end it cost us a full night and 800 baht each to get from the hotel, back to the hotel empty handed.

Please people do not book with this tour operator. Be smart and get the ferry to Koh phangan!

Nuremberg, Germany
Level Contributor
8,096 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: RS Tour Full Moon Party Thailand

Or instead of using the ferry pay THB 1120.- for taxi transfers and non-crowded speedboat departures with Petcherat Marina. ;)

melbourne
Level Contributor
13 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RS Tour Full Moon Party Thailand

A Great idea would have been to actually go and stay on Koh Phangan. There is plenty of places to stay just be organized. You could have also got one of the many ferrys during the day if once again you were organized. I have never had a problem with the boat services to Phangan and have been to 5 full moon partys

Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
692 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RS Tour Full Moon Party Thailand

Not great reviews for this Company in anything they do on the Island:( However there are many good companies to travel with over to the Party - VIP Petcherat Marine, Lompraya and I believe 100 Degrees also are offering VIP. Unfortunately to stay on Koh Phangan for the Full Moon Party you have to book 5 days min, or less you stay away from Haad Rin Beach. I have booked many tickets via Lompraya and have always had great feedback. They have many speedboats at hand, larger boats and staff more controlled, No fisty cuffs :)

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: RS Tour Full Moon Party Thailand

The entire company smells fishy to me. We bought VIP tickets which should ensure you'd get on a boat. Instead, you get a 5 minute head start on the people from your bus and just get in line with the rest.

In our case the staff didn't even bother to listen or speak English.. Definitely hope they'll go bankrupt soon but I fear their scam (which it really is in my view) is too profitable.

By the way, could you please post their website. I just got back and I really want to try and my money back.

Edited: 21 August 2013, 19:03
Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
70 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: RS Tour Full Moon Party Thailand

On the topic of the Full Moon Party: My fiance and I are 34 and 30, but we still like an occasional hard party with lots of tequila. Are we too old for the full moon crowd? Is it just 20yr olds?

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: RS Tour Full Moon Party Thailand

@ slimkoppie no I don't think you're too old to go to full moon party or may party at all. My husband 40s still go with his younger crews :)

Cheers,

Tongson bay, koh...
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
Level Contributor
1,780 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: RS Tour Full Moon Party Thailand

hi guys

the company is called RS tours or RUANGSRI tours

anyway its the same crowd , they have mini vans tours as well as full moon party trips and full size buses

they are a large company and wont be bothered by a few bad reviews

if in doubt dont use them and check with your hotel /property manager which company they booked your tour with as many hotels just sell the most profitable [commision] tour and dont worry about quality

you have been warned , do some homework

cheers

DC

Uster, Switzerland
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: RS Tour Full Moon Party Thailand

I agree never book with this company the driver stole me Money from my Bag at the time I was seeing the monkey show He told me the bag is secure in the van

Uster, Switzerland
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: RS Tour Full Moon Party Thailand

I agree never book with this company the driver stole me Money from my Bag at the time I was seeing the monkey show He told me the bag is secure in the van

Burleigh Heads...
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: RS Tour Full Moon Party Thailand

I had an extremely similar experience with this company, supposed to be picked up at 7pm, minivan came at 8 and then we waited until after 11 to get on a boat. Fights broke out as people were violent trying to get on the boats and the driver attacked a particular pushy passenger. Again the people paying for VIP were allowed to skip the line, increasing the wait time for everyone else. Similar story in the morning, waited over 2 hours for a boat home.

Friends used other companies and had easy transfers and didnt have to wait that long.