We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The right place to stay for two "girls" in Dec?

London, England...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
The right place to stay for two "girls" in Dec?

Hi fellow travelers.

We are two easy going "girls" planning a holiday get away from the cold in Europe the coming Dec...

Question is where is the best place to stay at the island of Samui... We wants to be able to go for a drink, a dance but also a chilled out lounge experience.. Not sure if everything is possible in one place so any advise is highly appreciated.

Plan to book the hotel in coming weeks....

Lovely Sunday regards

Susan

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The right place to stay for two "girls" in Dec?

Hi

Susan I think south chaweng will suits you. The beach in south chaweng is one of the best. That being said December is the tails end of rainy season you might see the red flags up in most day. I will pick the hotel with the pool in case you can't swims in the ocean. South chaweng you will find paltry of places to eat and drinks in both on beach and on the main road. South chaweng you can still have nice and relatively quiet but not too far to walk 20-25mins to Chaweng central to the party scene of you want to dance the night away. Or just hop on songhteaw or taxi for a Short rides.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The right place to stay for two "girls" in Dec?

Forgot to add have a look here for the acooms www.sawadee.com/hotel/kohsamui

December is PEAK season you must look and book fast as well as your internal flights !!

Tongson bay, koh...
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
Level Contributor
1,780 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The right place to stay for two "girls" in Dec?

hi girls

if you want to drink and dance then you have little choice but to be in lamai or chaweng

chaweng being nightlife central

as indicated by sweet pea better book flights and accom soon its going to be a busy season this year

cheers

DC

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,701 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The right place to stay for two "girls" in Dec?

Hi

December is mega busy and the choice of flights and hotels may already been taken . . .

Chaweng is a 5k long [lovely] beach. December is not the best time for Samui, and the beach is still lovely, but the sea can be pretty rough.

The southern end of Chaweng is pretty quiet and laid back as Pea says, but 20mins walk north is central Chaweng which is club / restaurant / bar heaven. We are in our 50s stay in the southern end of Chaweng, walk [along the shops] to the central bit most nights enjoy the fun, then get a songthew back to the southern bit and then chill out at our favourite Happy Night bar (opposite the Centara Grand main entrance)

Lamai is more like a mini Patong, and pretty full on.

Bophut is more like a chillax place but not much else.

London, England...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The right place to stay for two "girls" in Dec?

Thanks a lot everyone for your great advise

Susan

London, England...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The right place to stay for two "girls" in Dec?

Getting excited to check out all the recommended places in Dec :-)

Vancouver
Level Contributor
3,893 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The right place to stay for two "girls" in Dec?

Why do you have "girls" in quotes?

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: The right place to stay for two "girls" in Dec?

Chaweng is the best. i have booked my self in Buri Rasa Village which is near beach as well as walking street.

good luck

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,157 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The right place to stay for two "girls" in Dec?

Skeezix I would say that girls are in quotes because Susan and her friend are older ladies. I am nearly 50 and my friends and I refer to ourselves as "girls" :)

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The right place to stay for two "girls" in Dec?

Allie ..we are the same myself and friends we are the range from 40s-50s and we refers ourselves " girls " too. I think " girls " sounds younger lol.

@ Sami A Buri Rasa village is not near the beach it is literary right on the beach. The closet walking street to chaweng is either Lamai (Sunday ) or fisherman village ( Friday night). But by all mean not in walking distance. You will need to go by taxi 15+ mins.