We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sophisticated but fun hotel needed for solo traveler

long beach
Level Contributor
62 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Sophisticated but fun hotel needed for solo traveler

I just decided to take a last-minute trip to Thailand the week after next. I will be traveling solo. I'd like a very nice, sophisticated beach resort or hotel, but also one that has a fun scene and isn't comprised entirely of couples. I usually stay at Four Seasons, but want something more fun. Does that exist in Koh Samui or Phuket? Thanks in advance.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sophisticated but fun hotel needed for solo traveler

Hi

I'm not sure if fun and sophisticated can be seen together. But have a look at these following and see of you think ..

Beach republic

Nikki beach resort

The Libary beach resort

Cheers,

long beach
Level Contributor
62 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sophisticated but fun hotel needed for solo traveler

Thank you so much! I will check these out now.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,737 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sophisticated but fun hotel needed for solo traveler

KC Beach Club might suit as well.

Just to let you know, Samui is pretty much in the middle of the monsoon season in the 2nd week of November so you may get some decent rains.

Cheers.

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sophisticated but fun hotel needed for solo traveler

If you want a hotel that's of a similar standard to the four seasons that's also uber cool then I would recommend the W. The other hotels suggested above will give you the fun element but they won't have 4 seasons standards of service and accommodation.

The trouble with Samui is that all of the top hotels are outside of the main towns, so not that close to bars and nightclubs. Because they are the best and in more secluded locations, they tend to primarily attract honeymooners and couples seeking to relax plus families. A top end hotel with easy access to nightlife is an almost impossible ask in Samui. Of the top 4 hotels, the W is probably far more likely to attract groups of friends rather than just couples/families, so may be the best one for a solo traveller to stay at. If you're happy to compromise a little on accommodation and service and don't expect four season standards then go for the three that sweetpea recommends as they'll give you the fun holiday that you're looking for. The library is closest to the multitude of bars and clubs that Chaweng has to offer and Chaweng is where most solo travellers tend to stay.

Edited: 29 October 2013, 09:17
long beach
Level Contributor
62 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sophisticated but fun hotel needed for solo traveler

Thank you so much. The W does look like the best choice. But instead of Sumai, would you recommend Phuket or somewhere else to find a top end hotel with easy access to nightlife?

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sophisticated but fun hotel needed for solo traveler

In Phuket you will have endless choices for top end hotels. But most of them are away from nightlife too.

This time of year the weather will be better in Phuket. It is dry season in that side of the country as oppose to koh Samui.

Edited: 01 November 2013, 04:42
7. Re: Sophisticated but fun hotel needed for solo traveler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2014, 05:17