We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangkok to Koh Samui

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
114 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Bangkok to Koh Samui

Hi There,

I went through several threads and yet asking the same question.

How do we reach Koh Samui from Bangakok (either DKK or DMK).

Airasia says Upon arrival at NST you will be land transferred to Donsak Pier.... A Ferry from Donsak Pier Will take you to Samuai (Lipa Noi Pier)... and the same for return journey.

Now my questions follow this:

1. Is this the cheapest? Airasia is charging 2300 THB for above round trip.

2. Will AirAsia take care of the flight + Land + ferry timings?

3. I am staying at Parna Beach Villa ( 16/8, 16/13-26 Moo 4, Bophut, Koh Samui, Suratthani 84320, Thailand)

The website says 5 KM from the Samui International Airport. Not sure which one it is talking about. But how far this address will be from the Lipa Noi Pier Ferry Terminal?

Will it be more convenient to take a direct flight to Samui International Airport? Also peleas suggest the Airport Code.

Thanks,

Kushan

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,463 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangkok to Koh Samui

I think it depends on how much time you have. Flying direct from Bangkok to Koh Samui is the quickest way (1 hour flight) and much more convenient but is quite expensive. For me it is worth the extra cost as you get to spend the extra time on holidays rather than travelling.

If you book a combination ticket which includes the flight, bus and ferry all this will be taken care of. You generally need to allow about 7 hours in total. I haven't done it this way (have done train, bus, ferry combo).

Koh Samui airport's code is USM.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
8,762 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bangkok to Koh Samui

1. Even cheaper is probably a train or bus plus ferry ticket.

2. Yes, AirAsia will take care of everything

3. The resort talks about the airport on Samui Island and the resort is approx. 30 km from the Lipa Noi Pier.

And yes, it is far more convenient to fly directly from Bangkok (BKK) to Samui airport (USM).

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
114 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bangkok to Koh Samui

Hi Both of you, Thank you for the quick revert.

Any suggestion on which airways fly to BKK to USM?

The train or bus is from BKK or DMK and to where? Airasia goes to DMK. So if i take a flight that goes to BKK it seems more expensive.

Also at the time of check out, i will have to book a Taxi to reach Lipa Noi Peir..

:Kushan

:Kushan

Cuneo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao, Bangkok, Ko Samui, Terengganu
Level Contributor
11,609 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bangkok to Koh Samui

Only Bangkok Airwais fly from BKK to USM.

However 2.300 bht for a round trip is an excellent price.

Check also these options

-Nok Air flight-bus-boat package, similar to Air Asia

nokair.com/contents/…index.html

-Lomprayah bus-boat package

http://www.lomprayah.com/e/route.htm

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
8,762 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bangkok to Koh Samui

Thai Airways also has two daily flights from BKK to USM.

The train departs from the main train station in Bangkok and the Lomprayah Bus departs from the Lomprayah Bangkok office at 154 Rambuttri Road. Lomprayah is providing hotel pck-up at Samui.

For the AirAsia and NokAir package you will have to arrange transport to and from your hotel.

And yes, the much faster and convenient flights from BKK are cost more.

6. Re: Bangkok to Koh Samui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2014, 05:18