We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Price on Sawadee

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
396 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Price on Sawadee

Hi all

Just been looking on Sawadee.com at a price for the Peace resort for 2 weeks in April next year. The price is coming out at £651 GBP but it is then saying I have to pay in baht 34118 TBH. Are they giving me the exchange rate in Thailand at the moment? Or will I be charged at my bank exchange rate? If that is the case then probably over £100 more than they are quoting?

Thanks

Brian.

Mansfield
Level Contributor
605 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Price on Sawadee

If I recall correctly when I booked through Sawasdee earlier this year the hotel rates were in Baht but I had the option to pay in either Baht or Sterling. I chose the latter, the exchange rate was not that far out and I didn't want bank charges on top, the sterling amount quoted by Sawasdee was the same as that which appeared on my credit card and there were no additional credit card transaction fees.

Does that help?

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Price on Sawadee

Hi

I think its depends on your card and no matters you pay with baht or settling or for me AUD. Some card do charge foreigner transection on top of what you pay. I have debit card that charge foreigner transections fee but my platinum doesn't.

Cheers,

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
396 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Price on Sawadee

Hi

I have gone through to the payment section and it says I have to pay in TBH,it then gives an exchange rate of 50.83 to the GBP and then the total in pounds so really not sure if that is what I will be charged.

Brian.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Price on Sawadee

Most website you will have to pay in locals currency of origins which in this case Thai baht. But because you're in UK then it will then convert in to pound.

Hope this help

Mansfield
Level Contributor
605 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Price on Sawadee

Brian

Don't hold me to it but what you say sounds familiar. Your credit card will be charged with the pounds value and, paying in pounds, there will be no additional transaction charge

Your paynent confirmation will still say you paid xxx Baht

London
Level Contributor
461 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Price on Sawadee

It is an overseas transaction. You pay in baht, converted to £ by your banks exchange rate, then possibly charged a overseas transaction fee specified by the terms of your payment card.

Mansfield
Level Contributor
605 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Price on Sawadee

Brian

I've checked my payment earlier this year to Sawadee.

I paid them in pounds....no transaction fee was applicable as the deal was in sterling. Yes, if you pay in Baht, as I did for my BKK hotel (a direct booking) then a 'non sterling transfer fee' will be an extra charge by your bank/credit card provider.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
396 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Price on Sawadee

OK thanks for your help everyone. I'm gonna go for it as it's still way cheaper than any other site :)

Thanks again

Brian.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
396 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Price on Sawadee

Hi

Just to let you all know I booked through Sawadee and paid the exact price in pounds as they quoted so I got a great deal. The only charge my bank made was a £17 non sterling transaction charge which was fine as the deal was far cheaper than any other site including the hotels own official site!

Thanks

Brian.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Price on Sawadee

Glad it worked out ok, I have use them now I think 10 years and also very good