We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Koh samui

calgary
9 posts
Save Topic
Koh samui

First time for me and my GF to koh Samui we are looking for nice powder sand beach away from caos and madness. However we still would like to have access to markets, bars and good food. Can someone recommend an area of tranquility to book a hotel. We are not into resorts nor do we want to pay through the nose

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Koh samui

Hi

What you're after sounds like cheongmon beach to me. That said what time of year are you traveling to koh smaui?

calgary
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Koh samui

I'm Gonna be there this week.

Thank you

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,245 posts
348 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Koh samui

Oh . . . not the best time of year, but hey. Still Chong Mon. Saying that, Samui is not really a place that has a lot of chaos, the busy area is very small.

Cuneo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao, Bangkok, Ko Samui, Terengganu
Level Contributor
11,541 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Koh samui

Also Thongthakian Bay could be a good choice, white sandy beach, clear water. It's between Lamai and Chaweng, the best view is from Crystal Bay Resort.

Tongson bay, koh...
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
Level Contributor
1,780 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Koh samui

if you

are here this week then you will enjoy breaking waves into ,lamai, chaweng ,choeng mon as well as tongtakian bay

the west side of samui at present is the calmest side of the island

hopefully the wind will die down before your arrival

tides are also high at present so beaches can be a little slim in some places

cheers

DC

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,366 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Koh samui

Try the Honey Samui cottages at Chong MOn beach

Adelaide
Level Contributor
4,621 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Koh samui

We stayed Choeng Mon and found it very relaxing; but still only 5 minutes away from Chaweng for a bit of night life and bigger number of places to eat.

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,702 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Koh samui

Sounds like Samui Honey Cottages, the white house and Choeng Mon beach resort might be what you're after. All are reasonably priced and not your typical big tourist hotels.

9. Re: Koh samui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 December 2014, 06:17