We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning Honeymoon in Feb2014 first week - Koh Samui

Mumbai (Bombay...
9 posts
Save Topic
Planning Honeymoon in Feb2014 first week - Koh Samui

Hi All,

I am planning my honeymoon trip to Koh Samui. I'll be going Phuket first and then to Koh Samui. I am an Indian and a pure veg. I've heard that we wont get Indian food/pure veg food in Koh Samui. Is that true?

Which area shall i choose for my stay, what is the main attraction there. I wish to stay for 2 nights only.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,762 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning Honeymoon in Feb2014 first week - Koh Samui

What are your expectations of pure veg?

You need to consider your actual budget, likes and dislikes, your expectations for the holiday, your style, your requirements / must haves or must avoids, how far do you want to travel and how you want to travel, what have you shortlisted, what appeals and what have you thought ‘no way’ etc etc etc. We can’t plan your trip, but we can give you pointers, and then when you have more of a plan, can help you fill in the blanks!

What we do when we fancy a new place [ and please forgive the cut and paste] is have a good read on sites like this one, pop into a good book store and read a travel guide on the destinations you fancy visiting.

In the various forums where you want to travel look at the green banner at the top of this page and check out the ‘Travel Guide’ / ‘Inside Guides’ [in the MORE tab] and ‘Things To Do’ tab [ http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g293918-Activities-Koh_Samui_Surat_Thani_Province.html] which list lots of pointers of what to see and where to go as well as other information like restaurants, and Hotels tab [ tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotels-g293918-Koh_Samui_S… ] where you see the full range of hotels / apartment rental / B&Bs etc for that area, see what appeals to your actually budget / style / requirements and you can also look at nearby hotels on a map, as well as read recent reviews

then on the right check out FAQs / top questions about . . . . . .

--------------------------->

Everyone forgets or misses the Green Banner and the Top or Frequently Asked Questions/FAQs [especially if using smart phones], which are packed with lots of really great information about lots of really useful information!! If you are accessing TA via the smart phone app’ you won’t see the Green Banner or FAQs in the normal app view on your phone, so suggest that you view the app it as full site mode / desk top view; or just use a laptop or pc to enjoy the information that has been collected. The Top Questions / FAQs ---> are on the right of all forum pages, you may have to click on ‘show more’ to reveal the full list!

Always travel with a please, a thank you and a smile, then folks will always be more willing to help you! Thank you so much for asking your question.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning Honeymoon in Feb2014 first week - Koh Samui

There are 2 Noori Indian restaurants in Koh Samui, one in South Chaweng and the other in Central Chaweng if you pay them a visit when you arrive I'm sure they won't have a problem serving you vegetarian dishes.

Mumbai (Bombay...
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning Honeymoon in Feb2014 first week - Koh Samui

Thanks.

I was not asking to plan my trip. I simply asked where to visit as I am new to this forum and I was not aware that there was already a discussion on this.

I am pure veg i.e no intake of eggs also.

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Planning Honeymoon in Feb2014 first week - Koh Samui

The main attraction in Samui is the beaches. There is no other main attraction as Samui is a beach kind of holiday. The closest it has to a big attraction is big Buddha.

Akhbar on Choeng Mon beach does a great vegetable thali and there was no meat or eggs in it but just tell the owner you don't eat any kind of animal product and he'll sort you out. Choeng Mon is also a very nice area to stay in. Great beach but nice and quiet and compared to other areas in Samui, not overly developed. If however, you want to stay in the middle of all the action with wall to wall bars, restaurants and (in the centre) nighclubs then Chawengs the place to stay. There are 3 areas of Chaweng, North, South and central. Centrals truly awful. Smelly noisy and hell on earth. I wouldn't stay there for any holiday let alone a honeymoon. South would be a better option. For Chaweng its as quiet as its going to get but still within walking distance of the madness that is Central.

5. Re: Planning Honeymoon in Feb2014 first week - Koh Samui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2014, 05:17