We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Centara Grand best for teens.

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
245 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Is Centara Grand best for teens.

Hi

Is the Centara Grand the best place to stay on the island with sociable teenagers age 14 and 16.

Are there normally quite a few other kids and things going on at the hotel? We would be going in July/August.

I lso looked a a video on you tube of Chaweng and it appeared to have a lot of planes flying over is this normal?

Thanks

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Centara Grand best for teens.

Hi

The Ceantara grand would be a very good choice for teenagers. There are a lot of activities both on land and water base.

Every day you they will displayed the activities on black board just in front of swimming pool.

Koh Samui airport are very busy but you wouldn't hear anything from it.

Cheers,

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
245 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Centara Grand best for teens.

Thanks very much...my daughter especially likes to meet other children as isn't really a big reader when on holiday and so good to know which hotels are likely to have more families.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Centara Grand best for teens.

Hi, yes in July and August you'll fine there will be a lot of other families there because of the school holidays so it will be easy for your kids to make other friends.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,406 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Centara Grand best for teens.

Hi

Agree it is a good base!

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
245 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Centara Grand best for teens.

Great thanks very much...my kids have been to Mexico for the last couple of years and there is a lot to do there but I want to go east. My son is keen and I now need to persuade my daughter. looking at a night in Bangkok, then 3 or 4 in Chiang Mai and then two weeks in koh Samui...does that sound about right?

Kingston upon...
Level Contributor
179 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Centara Grand best for teens.

Our friends with 2 boys age 13/15 are booked for end July and they say it is great for kids having stayed at other hotels within the chain in Thailand. Enjoy.

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,702 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Centara Grand best for teens.

One night is not enough for Bangkok. I would do 3 each in Bangkok and Chiang Mai and what ever is left in Samui. So much to do and see in both cities but they're completely different in style. Bangkok is polluted, busy but great for teenagers. Chiang Mai is greener, more laid back, amazing food, hill tribes and lots of national parks and temples nearby, so great if you like outdoor things. Samui is all about the beaches and really is just a place just to relax, sunbathe, eat and drink.

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
245 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is Centara Grand best for teens.

Thanks for all your help so far.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is Centara Grand best for teens.

Agree one night is not enough for Bangkok. With 14 and 16 they will be in heaven in Siam mall and Siam square. These are places where the young and hip bangkokain teenagers hangout. Also not to miss is Asiaitues. You children would love it there.

Have fun :)

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
245 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is Centara Grand best for teens.

Can anyone recommend hotels in Bangkok or Chiang Mai. Our agent has given us Royal Orchid Sheraton Bangkok and Dusit D2 in Chiang Mai. I think I would quite like a hotel with a roof top pool in bangkok and did quite like the look of Tamarind Village in Chiang Mai. Will check out the malls in Bangkok. Thanks for info sweetpea.