We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire

Dormansland, United...
Level Contributor
270 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Car Hire

Is hiring a car for one day sufficient to take in a few sights around Koh Samui?

I understand I will need an International Permit but I'm a bit confused with regards to Insurances. Is collision damage waiver what I need? I would like to make sure I will be fully insured and don't want to pay too high an excess.

I am staying at Sala Samui so can I book through the hotel or is it better to book online in advance?

Thanks

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Hire

Hi

If you want to be flexible then I wouldn't book online. Most hotel can organize car hire for you. In regard if one day would be enough for you? I think it depends the whole island only take 2 hours or less for non stop. But to have good look around does take time. We used to live there we still find the new thing each trip.

Regarding insurance the car should come with A class insurance, travel insurance are different from company to company best to read it fine prints.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,737 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Hire

If you want complete piece of mind I would book through one of the major car rental agencies, Aviz, Hertz, etc.

Book through their thai websites.

It can still be flexible and you can do it online a day before you need the car and they will deliver and pick up from your hotel.

A good local company I have used numerous times with no issues at all are ch tours.

http://www.chtours-samui.com/en/rent.htm

3. Re: Car Hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2015, 06:19