We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Valentine's day in Koh Samui - ideas to celebrate?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
189 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Valentine's day in Koh Samui - ideas to celebrate?

We will be in Koh Samui on valentine's day this year and soft old romantic that I am I would like to do something special that day for my partner.

Can anyone suggest some real romantic places/ideas/restaurants for the day/evening?

When we were in Goa a few years ago the locals really went to town, is Koh Samui similar?

As long as there are some florists on Chaweng high street that'll be a start!

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,119 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Valentine's day in Koh Samui - ideas to celebrate?

Hi

Not many florists to be honest. Where you looking for roses? Always young girls selling roses. Samui does not really go to town.

What sort of thing did you have in mind? A Gucci restaurant with a view? A private meal on a beach?

Where are you staying?

Mr Mitch and I are too long in the tooth for romance, and as we arrive on St Valentines day we will probably have a meal at some cheap restaurant selling great Thai food, play some pool, watch a ladyboy caberet (fun not sleezy), have a few drinks and head home!

London, United...
Level Contributor
182 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Valentine's day in Koh Samui - ideas to celebrate?

Me and the OH went to Zazen in Bophut for dinner one night 2 weeks ago and it was stunning and very romantic. We had a beach front table and the whole restaurant is lit by candle light. It's fine dinning and therefore has a high price but the food and service are exceptional and worth a splurge for VD.

Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Valentine's day in Koh Samui - ideas to celebrate?

Four Seasons!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,737 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Valentine's day in Koh Samui - ideas to celebrate?

There's only a few local florists on Samui, these guys are located just near the airport and from all appearences seem to run a decent business from a modern building.

http://www.samuiflorist.com/

Delivery to your hotel should be fine.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Valentine's day in Koh Samui - ideas to celebrate?

Hi

Highly recommend sunset drinks /dinner at Air Bar at intercontinental hotel Baan Taling ngam. The sunset view are just stunning.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
962 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Valentine's day in Koh Samui - ideas to celebrate?

If money is less of an object I'd consider a three hour couples day spa package at somewhere like Eranda or Tamarind Springs (or your hotel/resort) followed by dinner on the beach (for a top class experience try Hansar's experience) or Treetops.

Lots or resorts could organise flowers for you - we had some pretty arrangements in our room, mostly hardy tropical flowers though - nor roses.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,382 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Valentine's day in Koh Samui - ideas to celebrate?

Dining under the stars at Hansar Samui would be a fitting Valentines Day experience. Not cheap but worth every cent. www.hansarsamui.com/dinning_under_stars

Menu can be found here: hansarsamui.com/sites/…20Stars.pdf

Cheers

Edited: 19 January 2014, 23:04
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
189 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Valentine's day in Koh Samui - ideas to celebrate?

Some really good suggestions, thanks all

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Valentine's day in Koh Samui - ideas to celebrate?

I agree with the Hansar suggestion, very romantic with the waves lapping on the shore.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Valentine's day in Koh Samui - ideas to celebrate?

So, how much damage will this dinner at Hansar do to my wallet if I do it?