We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help choosing a resort in Koh Samui

Melbourne, Australia
5 posts
Save Topic
Need help choosing a resort in Koh Samui

Hi everyone,

My partner and I are travelling to Koh Samui in August. We'll be staying there for 6 nights at the end of our holidays.

I’ve been doing a lot of research on which resort to choose from, but everything seems very cunfusing.

We are in our mid 20's, and are looking at a 4*/5* beach resort with the following criteria :

- AUD $150/$220 per night with good and tasty breakfast

- Beautiful, clean white sandy beach with crystal clear water (good for swimming) Chaweng??

- Quiet enough to relax but within walking distance from shops, bar, restaurants and nightlife.

- Building/rooms not too dated

- Great pool (swim up bar is a plus)

I would really appreciate some help from you guys.

Thank You.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help choosing a resort in Koh Samui

Hi

Have a look at

The Libray in chaweng beach ( not quiet but it might suits) in chaweng central

Synergy vilas in south chaweng beach

Buri rasa village in south chaweng beach

Sala Samui in Cheonmon beach

Maung Samui villas and suites in cheongmon beach

Cheers,

Melbourne, Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help choosing a resort in Koh Samui

Thanks for your answer sweetpea6468. I really like Sala Samui and Maung Samui. More the style of hotel we are looking for. What do you think of the Centara Grand and the Amari Palm Reef?

Cuneo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao, Bangkok, Ko Samui, Terengganu
Level Contributor
11,541 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help choosing a resort in Koh Samui

Why not Buri Rasa Village as suggested? I think is a perfect place with your criteria

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
4,243 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help choosing a resort in Koh Samui

Hi, I think the best resort suitable for you are; in Lamai : Pavilion Samui Boutique Resort and Spa , in Chaweng : Resortel Resort, Burirasa, Centara Grand Resort.

P.S. The Amari Palm Reef is good resort but the beach is to bad, all beaches in Chaweng North are not so good (in my point of view)

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help choosing a resort in Koh Samui

As above says the beach around Amati aren't that good. For a decent swims you will need to wade our so far. Centata grand are in south Chaweng beach not too far from Buri Rasa but many says the room are dated. We stayed there ( deluxe pool room) and didn't mind about the room at all. The beach in south Chaweng and cheongmon are fit in with your criteria.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help choosing a resort in Koh Samui

We usually stay in the Centara and really like it there as the grounds are beautiful and the beach out front is one of the best in Samui, it's only a 20/25 minute stroll to Central Chaweng but there's also a good choice of bars and restaurants leading down to the busier area.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need help choosing a resort in Koh Samui

R u really sure u want to go to Sami, it has a rep for being spoiled these days, we just got back from Thailand, but decided to pass on Samui

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
359 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need help choosing a resort in Koh Samui

Trolling on the Samui forum skidmarks? Let's see how many bites you get.

I'll go first. It's always a good idea to have actually been to a place before you bag it.

Moron.

Melbourne, Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Need help choosing a resort in Koh Samui

Yeah we really wanna go to Samui. I know it's a bit busy, but in August I heard the weather was pretty good there compare to other places (raining season).

The Centara hotel looks nice, but isn't it a bit crowdy as it is a very big resort?? and aren't the room a bit dated as i saw on comments?

I really like the style of the Sala Samui but a bit expensive...

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,737 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need help choosing a resort in Koh Samui

For sidmarks, if you are going to troll at least get the spelling right, kind of makes you appear rather stupid.

For the OP, Samui is a great place to honeymoon, if you want to avoid the drunken lads you need just steer clear of a small part of central chaweng, hire a car and go exploring, there's some beautiful beaches and forests to be found on Samui.

Some wonderful images can be found throughout this thread

thaivisa.com/forum/…