We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Re: Best place to stay for teenagers 17yrs with parent.

Sydney, Australia
4 posts
Save Topic
Re: Best place to stay for teenagers 17yrs with parent.

Just needing to know where best place to stay on Koh samui is for a Mum and 17yr old girl. We want beach and shopping and dancing/bars/restaurants within walking distance. I have found lots of nice hotels however they seem too be out of busier areas and if so, is there lots of taxis available at night or better to stay in centre, btw is Chaweng Beach the centre or is there another area which is still busy but not crazy?

Any suggestions please as first time in Ko Samui.

Thanks

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9,854 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Re: Best place to stay for teenagers 17yrs with parent.

Have you read the Top Questions in the Ko Samui forum? One of them "FAQ OVERVIEW of Samui" tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293918-i7560-k4… provides good illustrated descriptions of the different beaches.

Our family found South Chaweng a good compromise between peace and quiet and a reasonable walking distance to shopping, restaurants and nightlife in Central Chaweng. Transportation on Ko Samui is rather expensive although not as dear is in Phuket.

perth
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Re: Best place to stay for teenagers 17yrs with parent.

Hi

Chaweng beach strecht out 6km long. There north, central and south. The beach in the south are quieter, beautiful within walking to shops, bars restaurants and nightlife. It is ticks all the boxes. I would go south chaweng beach.

Chaweng central is very bus huslte and bustle everything is in your door steps.

Noth chaweng quiet the central but beach aren't that good.

What's your budget for hotel?

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,229 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Re: Best place to stay for teenagers 17yrs with parent.

Chaweng beach is about 6 kilometres long and the super busy part around the middle. I think south Chaweng would suit you perfectly, there are nice hotels in the northern part however the beach is not as nice as the central/southern areas. The southern end generally starts around the Buri Rasa Village area.

Do you have a budget per night? What time of year are you travelling as this will affect prices etc. If you can let us know we can give you some suggestions :)

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Re: Best place to stay for teenagers 17yrs with parent.

Hi, the Banana Fan resort in South Chaweng might be a good option as it's on a nice beach and is only about a 15 minute stroll to the busier Central Chaweng.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
4,321 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Re: Best place to stay for teenagers 17yrs with parent.

Ark Bar Resort in Chaweng will be the best for your teen

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,229 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Re: Best place to stay for teenagers 17yrs with parent.

Alekba, as the Mum of a nearly 17 year old girl - Ark Bar is the last place that I would recommend!!

Sweatpea, we posted at the same time - great minds think alike LOL

perth
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Re: Best place to stay for teenagers 17yrs with parent.

+ 1 for Allie " great minds think alike "

+ 1 us too have nearly 17 year old boy and Ark bar is the last place I would recommend.

Sydney, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Re: Best place to stay for teenagers 17yrs with parent.

Hi my budget is up to $800 for 6 nights, we will be there in late September.

Thanks

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,229 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Re: Best place to stay for teenagers 17yrs with parent.

Hi Deb, i have done a dummy search on Sawasdee from about 25th September and all of the following have rooms in your budget. as it isn't peak season, you can get some really good deals. Check out:

Ozo Chaweng - opening in March or April. Have some really amazing deals on at the moment and within your budget. There isn't much on this hotel obviously but it could be worth a good look.

Baan Talay

Banana Fan Sea

Centara Grand

Samui Resotel

Chaweng Cove (deluxe garden)

Good luck and happy holidays :)

10. Re: Re: Best place to stay for teenagers 17yrs with parent.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2015, 06:17