We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Next 5/7 days in Koh Samui

Harrow, United...
Level Contributor
2,026 posts
219 reviews
Save Topic
Next 5/7 days in Koh Samui

On Tuesday we hired a small Suzuki jeep from CH Tours - excellent service, excellent price, jeep not bad either having done 70,000 Km. Good to be able to explore a bit off the beaten track and really had an enjoyable day. Have now eaten both lunch and dinner in Cafe 69 and it's the best food, beautifully cooked and presented during our whole trip so far. Also found another bar in Fisherman's Village - the Billabong - serving wine in Happy Hour (1600-2000) at Baht 99 per glass. Weather glorious and the Anantara gets better every day... Just loving our time here.

Muscat Governorate...
Destination Expert
for Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
1,044 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Next 5/7 days in Koh Samui

Nice ... enjoy ur trip :)

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Next 5/7 days in Koh Samui

Hi Dave

Have you been to CoCoTam yet? If not get there for great cocktails :)

Harrow, United...
Level Contributor
2,026 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Next 5/7 days in Koh Samui

Hi Pea - we walk past CoCo Tam's all the time but we haven't been in yet. Main reason is we prefer drinking wine to cocktails, but thanks anyway.

London
Level Contributor
169 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Next 5/7 days in Koh Samui

We are wine drinkers too and we arrive Sunday , please can you advise the best places you an recommend for good value wine, we are staying at the Tongsai Bay Hotel Cheong Mon?

Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,737 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Next 5/7 days in Koh Samui

The Billabong is a good aussie bar Dave, head there over the next few afternoons to see a couple of good cricket teams playing at the moment :)

I usually stick to more local type restaurants but your comments on Cafe 69 tells me we need to venture out to Bophut 1 night and have a dinner there.

Enjoy your trip mate.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,763 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Next 5/7 days in Koh Samui

why not ask dean/samuitonsai about the wine tillygirl

glad you are having a great time dave. didn't see you there, might head back for the night market.

Harrow, United...
Level Contributor
2,026 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Next 5/7 days in Koh Samui

Mrs Mitch - we'll definitely be there tomorrow night; how would re recognise Mr Mitch and you?

Sheffield
Level Contributor
81 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Next 5/7 days in Koh Samui

Hi Dave,

Sounds like your having a good time. Me & my wife arrive on 1st march for 2 weeks. I'm quite partial to a nice glass of wine myself. We used to go to the Billabong last year for their happy hour each night. I note you mentioned the Navigator also. I'll have to try that one. Have you stumbled across any other bars that serve good wine (don't mind paying a bit more if its decent but not too much as I'm a tight Yorkshireman!).

Keep up the good work with your updates. Glad to hear the weathers good. Mind you its red hot here in Sheffield at the moment!

Sanctuary Point...
Level Contributor
560 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Next 5/7 days in Koh Samui

Thanks for another update Dave, enjoy the rest of your trip

Harrow, United...
Level Contributor
2,026 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Next 5/7 days in Koh Samui

Tillygirl and SheffieldManMountain - Good wine is a rather subjective subject. For drinking in the hotel we have tended to go to FamilyMart or 7/11 stores where prices per bottle are as low as 299 Baht for Mont Clair SA Chardonay, about 6/700 Baht for Jacob's Creek Aus Chardonnay or Shiraz and plenty of more expensive ones.

Bottles of wine in restaurants, and especially hotels, are quite expensive ranging from 1200 Baht to funny money. I've mentioned the Navigator and Billabong bars where a glass of house wine during Happy Hour is 100/99 Baht respectively and last night we got a litre jug of Italian wine in the Barcelona Tapas Bar in Fisherman's Village for 480 Baht. Bargains can be had, and it's been great fun looking for them